Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:08:28 AM EDT
I bought BOTH !!

And I just got all 4 of them home and they are  sweeeeeeeeeeeet  !!

Pics to follow soon

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, it must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around......  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Coincidence, I just received a bunch of new LEO mags. Hey I got a suggestion, you bring your new AR’s I’ll bring new mags loaded with SS109, deal
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congrats, it must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around......  

I wish - I live on a budget like every other swinging &%*# here.

One of the Bushies is for one of my best friends so actually only 3 are mine.

I paid $900 each for the LE6920's and I paid $780 each for the Bushmaster LE Patrolmans.

Sorry for the lousy pic ( I aint a photographer obviously ) I kept 2 in the boxes / didn't need to photograph all 4.

They are fine looking rifles and it's only a matter of time until supply catches up w/ demand on these models and everyones safes are full of them !!    
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that you have one of each, which one do you like better?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Stop copying me!  LOL!

Great rifles!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now that you have one of each, which one do you like better?

I liked the price on the Bushie better ( $120 less per rifle )

In all honesty I think the finish on the Bushie is better.

Also no sear block in the Bushmaster and it came w/ a foam lined plastic case 1 30 rounder sling etc.

The Colts came w/ 2 - 20 rounders and a cleaning kit sling etc. And a sear block in the Colt.

I rate them both A+
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, Bro!

Beautiful pair you got there (I never thought I'd say that to anotherr guy)

Not only that, but  what's up with the bargain? Where did you score the $900 per deal onthe Colts?

Congratulations. and now.................Lock and load!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome rifles...

Keep us CT folk in mind when you fondle your new uber-evil toys  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Awesome, Bro!

Not only that, but  what's up with the bargain? Where did you score the $900 per deal onthe Colts?

I bought them from DELETED . He is a great guy.

Here is his web page:

DELETED

Deletes were made so not to hurt this dealers relationship w/ the manufacturer & his ability to keep distributing LE firearms to us.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Help me out here: did the AWB sunsetting dissolve the LE distinction used by A,B,C, et. all in their catalogs  

I ask because I just hung up with a Colt customer rep. and was told they were not filling orders for their M4 Match Target rifle for civillain sales now and could not begin to guess when they would be (which hurt, because that fully chromed upper and 1:7 twist has me kinda )  If I can start ordering from the "LE-side-of-the-street" (until everyone updates their catalogs) then we're talking a whole new ballgame.

Beauty rifles, btw.  Nice purchases.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
added note*

Be VERY careful of which gun shop / FFL you are using to transfer - recieve your LE rifles.

Rumors are circulating that some dealers are recieving the LE style rifles and KEEPING THEM knowing they can sell them themselves for big profits while demand is high & supplies are low.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Help me out here: did the AWB sunsetting dissolve the LE distinction used by A,B,C, et. all in their catalogs  

I ask because I just hung up with a Colt customer rep. and was told they were not filling orders for their M4 Match Target rifle for civillain sales now and could not begin to guess when they would be (which hurt, because that fully chromed upper and 1:7 twist has me kinda )  If I can start ordering from the "LE-side-of-the-street" (until everyone updates their catalogs) then we're talking a whole new ballgame.

Beauty rifles, btw.  Nice purchases.

This is one reason people say Colt is a bunch of jerkoffs
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
StrkAliteN those look really sweet, which one is the Colt and which one is the Bushy?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
StrkAliteN those look really sweet, which one is the Colt and which one is the Bushy?

Colts on the left & Bushie to the right.  The Phantom flashhider on the Bushie is aliitle longer than the Colts birdcage FS.

Most obvious differance is the fatter handguards on the Colts.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colts on the left & Bushie to the right.  The Phantom flashhider on the Bushie is aliitle longer than the Colts birdcage FS.

Most obvious differance is the fatter handguards on the Colts.

Ah, I guess the Bushy doesn't have the "M4" handguards?  Also is one barrel 14.5 and the other 16?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Awesome, Bro!

Paid 885 for my LE6920 and 775 for my Bushy LEM4A3
It pays to shop around, lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome, Bro!

Paid 885 for my LE6920 and 775 for my Bushy LEM4A3
It pays to shop around, lol

I paid ZERO sales tax and they were also shipped FREE !!

It DOES save you $$ shopping around
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#18]
No tax here either, I also went through him
btw, check your IM's I sent a message to you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
$120 extra for the pony

Yeah.   That's the only differece between the two.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$120 extra for the pony

Yeah.   That's the only differece between the two.

Colt charges the premium for that fine cardbox box and plastic bag your rifle arrives in compared to that "actualy decent plastic, foam lined gun case the bushmaster comes in" lol.. The bushy is by far the better deal but I wasn't going to pass up on buying the Colts at the price I paid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#22]
congrats on your purchase
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
$120 extra for the pony

I have seen that 'pony' SOLD ( as compared to listed ) for $2k on gunbroker.com quite a few times in the past few days.

I gladly 'pony'ed' up the extra $120 for both of mine and am damn glad I did.

No 'pony-pun' intended !!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome, Bro!

Here is his web page:

DELETED

Deletes were made so not to hurt this dealers relationship w/ the manufacturer & his ability to keep distributing LE firearms to us.

good for you
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome, Bro!

Here is his web page:

DELETED

good for you

redfisher

I deleted this dealers personal contact info after being informed by another member here that he wishes no public postings reguarding such at this time.

I am not sure if your comment is positive or negative.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
$120 extra for the pony

Ignorance is bliss I guess...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#27]

not sure if your comment is positive or negative.

All positive. To be sure.

admittedly, I did squirm a bit, given my pony cost me $1,100.

but then again, I did get mine, and I have had it the day the ban died, so I have had some quality time with it.

No, seriously StrkaliteN, I couldnt be happier for you.

But why wouldn't your guy want to sell to more of us, rather than keeping it close to the vest?

It would seem that quantity (sales) would overcome his slim(ish) margins....

That is, if he were in it for the profit.

and BTW: Is the LE6920 the shit, or what?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

not sure if your comment is positive or negative.

All positive. To be sure.

admittedly, I did squirm a bit, given my pony cost me $1,100.

but then again, I did get mine, and I have had it the day the ban died, so I have had some quality time with it.

No, seriously StrkaliteN, I couldnt be happier for you.

But why wouldn't your guy want to sell to more of us, rather than keeping it close to the vest?

This particular dealer is selling a ton of firearms and unlike many out there who are price gouging - he is happy w/ a modest profit & makes up for it with units sold.

I would be more than happy to pass along his contact info to anyone who sends me an e-mail ( No IM's please - I tried answering them & it boots me offline ?? )

Out of respect for him & his wishes - I will not disclose it in a public forum. Colt could possibly 'control' his supply if he were to be found not honoring their distribution policies.

Thank you to all for understanding this.

As far as the LE6920 being 'the shit' ...... I couldn't agree w/ you more !!

ps

redfisher

I am glad you were able to pick one up on the 1st official day. The price you paid is reasonable and there are many I am sure who would gladly pay that amount for a NIB quality weapon ( present company included )

Not too long ago all of us were shelling out big bucks for 10-20 year old rifles.  This is a truly unique time and place in the history of firearms & our 2nd ammendment rights. Be very thankful and lets never grow complacent.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#29]

I also buy from the same dealer StrkaliteN went through. In light of Colt announcing their policy on LE sales (or lack of) to civillians he does not want to jeopardize his relationship with Colt. As for his profit margine, he's a high volume dealer (the reason we paid much less for our M4's), something tells me that despite his great prices he's not operating in the red. Also, he is completely sold out so it's not like he's sitting on a stockpile of LE6920's now and just holding out on selling them. I don't know if he intends on selling any in the future to civillains when the next shipment comes in. From what I've gathered from talking to him it's not something he's going to advertise if he should choose to do so. You can't blame him for wanting to cover his ass in regards to this issue. Great guy to deal with so I'll respect his wishes and not advertise where I bought from, I also passed this info onto StrkaliteN which is why he edited his post.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Colt charges the premium for that fine cardbox box and plastic bag your rifle arrives in compared to that "actualy decent plastic, foam lined gun case the bushmaster comes in" lol.. The bushy is by far the better deal but I wasn't going to pass up on buying the Colts at the price I paid.

Bushy is cheaper, indeed!  But which gun is a better VALUE?  Colt by Far.  

If you find value in a tupperware case, so be it.  I find value in strict quality.

Granted Colt's civilian sales attitude sucks hind tit, but I'll get over that when it comes to a life saving instrument that I expect to be damn near perfect.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If you find value in a tupperware case, so be it.  I find value in strict quality.

Granted Colt's civilian sales attitude sucks hind tit, but I'll get over that when it comes to a life saving instrument that I expect to be damn near perfect.

I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the case vs. box, obviously you missed that.
As for the value... I own both and I can say without bias, that the Bushmaster is the better deal. I take it you buy into the "just because it's a Colt it's better philosophy"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I spoke to this dealer this AM and he is taking orders...however the back order situation with Colt is very long....30 -90 days.   Who knows....the price is right and if you don't mind waiting, you could have a deal.

As mentioned before quantity rules...therefore I am intertaining thoughts of a group buy here in he Pittsburgh area...I have a dealer that will transfer for $20 flat rate.

The more we buy the better the price.

LMK

CS
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I would be more than happy to pass along his contact info to anyone who sends me an e-mail ( No IM's please - I tried answering them & it boots me offline ?? )

I wonder if your IM box is overfull?  In my haste to contact you I originally went that route instead of emailing you as you asked.
I get very impetuous when I'm about to buy stuff.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#34]
It that a 1st generation phantom on the bushy or the new one?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top