Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:22:01 PM EDT

This was the last page of the catalog I received today from ACE Ltd. (www.riflestocks.com).

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
cool, buy one and post pics
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big optimist about the bullpup configuration. But this looks a little rediculous. Where the heck did the buffer tube and buffer go? Where you gonna find a picatiny...... .....cheekpeice? And some super high iron sights? This would have to be a serious endeavor to say the least, and with the charging handle getting pulled into you shoulder, it would really have to be mated to a side charging upper.

If your gonna go thru that much trouble, why not offer an aftermarket M17s upper that turns that   into a real rifle?  (after all, Bushmasters never going to do it!)

Hmm

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm a big optimist about the bullpup configuration. But this looks a little rediculous. Where the heck did the buffer tube and buffer go? Where you gonna find a picatiny...... .....cheekpeice? And some super high iron sights? This would have to be a serious endeavor to say the least, and with the charging handle getting pulled into you shoulder, it would really have to be mated to a side charging upper.

If your gonna go thru that much trouble, why not offer an aftermarket M17s upper that turns that into a real rifle?  (after all, Bushmasters never going to do it!)

Hmm

Tex78

There are systems for the AR that don't require a buffer, and if it were me, I'd chop the front sight, and use a red dot. The rail is a tad long, and would screw up cheekweld, IMHO.
Still, not a fan of bullpups, but I would pick up an AUG for the right price.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, it's not on their website yet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
why 2 selector switches?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Lord have mercy where to begin......?
This is the worst draft of a bullpup I've ever seen!  

How are you gonna release the mag (no cut-out)?  The cycle of the bolt itself would not function even if it was cut-down and had an internal spring.  I suppose then somehow if accomplished this wouldn't be offered in full auto!  Tell ya what I'd sure hate to be in need of this weapon and have the trigger linkage either bend, get bumped, or snag on anything and simply not work.   For years nations have had designs featuring exposed components that should be internal, never works!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why 2 selector switches?

One of them appears to be the bolt release
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why 2 selector switches?

One of them appears to be the bolt release

Nope, there are two selector switches, one in the normal position, and one on the pistolgrip area. Bolt release is in normal position on receiver.

There are probably two selectors so you can use either one. The rear one in the normal manner, locking the trigger/sear assembly, and the forward one locking the forward trigger only.

I also do not see a mag release, but since this is a drawing, it may have been left off inadvertantly.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope they have it for southpaws. I havnt been able to find info on it either. Might have to call them up!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, where the hell is my cheek going to go???

How about my support hand?

Rear sight?

Two selectors?

Aw never mind, I'm a lefty and I don't like eating brass anyway...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#12]
they are going to have one for the FAL as well, how would you like to be touching off a 308 that close to the ear?  Ouch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a pre-production drawing people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
they are going to have one for the FAL as well, how would you like to be touching off a 308 that close to the ear?  Ouch.

Try a barrett .50
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top