Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 4:07:04 PM EDT
I just received a LE6920 H-Bar upper to place onto my LE6920 lower.  I "had to have" the H-Bar.  I sold the original LE6920 upper to fund the purchase.

Can you guys give me your honest opinion about the following...

The original LE6920 upper was the " C along side a keyhole (Colt/cerro forge)" marked upper and matching carry handle.  The H-Bar upper that I received is the " D along side a splintered A (Diemaco/anchor harvey)" marked upper and matching carry handle.

I intend to shoot this thing, don't get me wrong.  However, at the same time I want to have a desirable configuration.

All of that being said:

1) Does a diemaco rather than a colt marked upper make it non "authentic" to a collector, even though it technically is 100% right from the box colt?

2) Did I screw up??

Thanks in advance.  I want your honest opinions, but don't be brutally honest
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the H-Bar the AR6721?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
A Colt supplier is a Colt supplier.
The coins that were made in the plants that made the least amount of coins are the most expensive collector coins.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Isn't the H-Bar the AR6721?

www.sawlesales.com/

LE6920HB
131 in stock!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now there are "limited" (term used loosely) production runs of the LE6920 H-bar step cut 16" barreled uppers out there.  Prideboss was selling them a few weeks ago on EE...sold out quickly.  These don't narrow under the handguards like the regular LE6920 barrels.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
So you would be O.K. with a DA upper rather than say a CAF upper on a colt purchase, bgcc11?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Learn something new everyday
If it's what you wanted then I don't think you made a mistake.
Were you able to get the barrel a little cheaper then what SAW has it listed for? That's some serious sticker shock for just the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So you would be O.K. with a DA upper rather than say a CAF upper on a colt purchase, bgcc11?

I'm speaking generally.
99% of folks here can better answer your specific question.
S
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks 02Overlander.  It is what I wanted, so yeah you could say I'm happy in that regard.  I can't wait to get to the range this weekend  

I was just freaked out when I saw the diemaco marked upper rather than colt...even though diemaco makes them FOR colt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and as for the Diemaco upper concern. It's not warrented. If anything your rifle is a little more exclusive then my LE6920 since yours is a Hbar and the rest of us just have standard 6920's. Just my .02
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top