Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:46:59 AM EDT
Years ago I bought a slab sided SP1 upper off of ebay, pretty cheap. I've kept it all these years with the idea I was going to make an old school AR clone with my preban lower.  Of course I never got around to it but  I did manage to collect an A1 grip and stock, 3 prong flash hider, triangle handguards etc.  With the demise of the AWB I could now assemble the old style upper on a new receiver. I put it together last night. My SP1 upper was a large hole so I used an offset hole spacer to match it up. Looks and feels awesome. The gray green upper doesn't quite match the black lower but what the hell, it is kinda cool to have an old style AR15.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pics please!

+1 lets see that puppy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got done doing the same thing. Does it look like this?

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the upper complete from a guy on the EE for $160.  I got the furniture from another guy on the EE for $20.  (it's an A1 stock) and the lower from a local fun shop.  the bolt/bc/ch and lower parts were from the EE as well.  Basically I got the entire rifle out of the EE except for the stripped RRA lower.  All totalled it cost me about $400 to build it!  

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Vietnam-era bakelite stock (pre-A1??).  They are black, with no butt-plate trapdoor.   I got it for $1 at a gunshow.  They had lots of em.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a Vietnam-era bakelite stock (pre-A1??).  They are black, with no butt-plate trapdoor.   I got it for $1 at a gunshow.  They had lots of em.  

That's what that one is.  no trapdoor.  It's actually the same dark black as the handguards.  It just showed up lighter with the flash.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top