Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:49:10 PM EDT
Have any of you guys bought one of the AR removable carry handles from CDNN that they have listed for $49.99? AR15 Carry Handle New Replacement

The price is great if it's a quality unit and not a cheap Chinese knock off but that price is more in-line with the fun show knock-offs so I'm a little hesitant.

Anybody have any personal experience with these to share?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Im leery of those. I got my BM A3 carry handle from the EE for $55.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Are BM carry handles supposed to have some type of forging mark on them? I'm talking to a guy right now about one that is supposed to be a BM unit but he says it has no forging marks? Is that typical?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are BM carry handles supposed to have some type of forging mark on them? I'm talking to a guy right now about one that is supposed to be a BM unit but he says it has no forging marks? Is that typical?

The one I have has an Anchor Harvey forge mark on the left side of the boss in front of the sight base, followed by II. No forge mark? I'd be very leery.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Anybody have any personal experience with these to share?

I do. Looks to be black painted cast potmetal. Even the rear sight housing appears to be cast and parkarized(?).  The appature is standard-looking and the windage and elevation knobs work, but I haven't mounted it to try the adjustments at distance.

Although it works as a cheap alternative on a demonstration rifle, I would not buy another.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#5]
shamayim - That's what I thought. Thanks

otto_esq - That's kind of what I expected for that price. Thanks for confirming
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's a pretty good price. What is EE and how do I find them. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Equiptment Exchange  on this site.
Look under accessories or put a WTB (want to buy) post in the WTB section.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top