Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:08:04 AM EDT
Semi versions will be available for the civilian market.

XCR Modular Weapon System
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a loose copy of the CIS SR-88.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Another board I post on a guy pointed out it looks a lot like the original Bushmaster Auto Rifle - with rails...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I must say, they have a convincing website and video selection.

My issues i that they don't say whether or not that lower is synthetic or aluminum...

I certainly don't have the funds to buy one, but if i could test fire, I could be easilly swayed to save the pennies

- BG
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Another board I post on a guy pointed out it looks a lot like the original Bushmaster Auto Rifle - with rails...

True.  If you can find a pic of a SR88 with the para stock it is REAL close. I could not find a pic off said SR88 on line but have one in a book.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder what the price on those are going to be?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The XCR doesn't look too bad at least it takes AR mags.  I just don't like the folding stock and would much rather have a AR style collapsable stock so I can adjust the LOP.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
i like the hbar one in 6.8
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have shot the XCR prototype.  Apparently I'm one of the only people to do so thus far.  I got to know the guys at Robinson because I live nearby, and use their rifles in our local 3gun matches.  www.udpl.net

It is not a copy of anything.  The upper is one solid chunk of machined aluminum.  It is thick around the receiver, but is still light and points well.   It feels strong.  I believe the lower is aluminum but I'm not sure.  

The gas system is very simple.  Solid op rod attached to the bolt carrier.  The bolt is simple, with just a few great big lugs and a fixed ejector.  And there is no stupid cam slot pin.  

The barrel is removable in just a few seconds with an allen wrench.  It is very strong and solid lockup.  There is no wiggle at all.  

The charging handle is on the left side, and reminds me of an Izzy FAL with a forward assist button.  It breaks down kind of like a FAL, but crossed with an AK.  You push in the recoil spring retaining button and it breaks open.  Parts come right out.

Safety works like an AR ambi safety, only one side is shorter so unlike the regular ambi safety it doesn't irritate your trigger finger.  

It shoots good.  Handles well.  Accuracy was very good, especially since i was using it with the carbine barrel.  It shows lots of promise.  The whole thing is free floated.  

I'm not privy to what the price is going to be.  I know that the one on the webpage is going to change from the production version a little bit, with different sights and a different stock.  Even if it is priced like the M96, I still think it is going to be a good buy when you factor in buying a full rail system for an AR.  

I'm going to get myself one.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks a lot like the Bushmaster Assault Rifle from the 1970's with rails. Wonder if any of the Bushmaster Assault Rifle was used as a base for the new design?

Maybe I should slap on some rails and ask more for my Bushmaster listed in the EE now that it's the new next best thing.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top