Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:10:59 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been asked here.  I looked around for a long time before I posted.

On my RRA std M4gery it has that damn "LOUD" mock suppressor.  

In many posts, I see people removing their mock supressors with a dremel, grinder etc.  Now I am really handy with those tools too and am comfortable with the process.

BUT?  

(1)  Is the welded pin going to be right on top if I grind it?  So far all the pics have the top of the supressor ground off as I can see it in the posts.

(2) Is the barrel already threaded under there?  It is so hard to tell just by looking at the barrel?

(3)  Then I can order my new Flash Supressor with a crush washer and I am set?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Gartchen- I've been told the mock suppressor is pressed on .  Somewhere on this site is a picture of it removed.

I got two different opinions about removing & threading the barrel to support a flash hider.  ADCO says it can be done; RRA says there is not enough meat to thread.  I don't know, haven't had it done to my RRA M4gery...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a picture of a de-Faux-Flash-Supressered barrel in this thread:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=143516

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
as always - excellent help from the board.

I wonder how hard it is to "UN" press that little bastard?  hinking.gif

Thank you for the responses.  Looks like I should be talking to ADCO soon!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
as always - excellent help from the board.

I wonder how hard it is to "UN" press that little bastard?  

Thank you for the responses.  Looks like I should be talking to ADCO soon!

I believe someone said that managed to get the fake flash supressor off by putting a wood block against it and whacking it with a hammer - but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
If you look at the brake, you can usaully see the weld over the set screw or blind pin.  I made short work of a KKF muzzle brake with my dremel tool. Took less than 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top