Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:18 AM EDT
is there any laws in IL i have to look out for that the end of the awb didnt cover?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I think assault weapons and their copies are banned in Chicago and Aurora.  Other than that they're legal.  No SBR or F/A in IL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think assault weapons and their copies are banned in Chicago and Aurora.  Other than that they're legal.  No SBR or F/A in IL.

Correct to the best of my Knowledge.Unless Blago gets his way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Not just Chicago proper, but all of Cook County. Rifles marked "Colt AR-15" are specifically prohibited while Bushmaster, etc. are not. Typical.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay out of Cook County and Aurora, and IL isn't nearly as bad as people think.  Alot of people seem to think half of the state has local AW bans, which we don't.

Only crappy thing is no class 3, and no CCW.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
thank u everyone for your reply good thing im not in cook county
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top