Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:36:27 PM EDT
Just wondering if I have to do anything but collect money in order to sell an ar face 2 face.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry all AR15 sales must go through me. You send me the gun & the other guy sends me cash.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Some buyers and sellers want to see some form of ID.  Some also want a bill of sale.

But when it comes down to it, it is as simple as you stated.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold my father-in-laws SKS for him and all I did was make a photo copy of my and the buyer's drivers licenses and then handwrote a "receipt" for it below our ID's, including the serial number and manufacturer and then we made a copy so we each had one and then both signed each one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're selling I'd recommend getting the recipients name and at least city of residence. That rifle has YOUR name attached to it. If it later comes up used in a criminal offense, someone is gonna be knocking on YOUR door. It will be more believable if you can supply a name and address, than simply "I sold that gun back in September, '04".

If you're buying hand the guy the cash and get away quick. If it is later stolen, they'll be knocking on HIS door, and his response will be "I sold that gun back in September, '04". We'll probably find out about you from the theft report you filed, but what the hell.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top