Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:38:02 AM EDT
I had planned to have my bbl threaded this weekend to assemble at 12:00 midnight on monday, But when my manufacturer friend and I measured the barrel on a closed bolt , the muzzle was exactly 16" from the bolt face.  The problem is with the recessed crown on this barrel, it is only 15.96" from the bolt face.  I know that I could permanently attach the FS, but I was planning on getting a suppressor made, and would like to be able to switch.

I called RRA and spoke with someone in technical/customer service, He was very polite and listened to my problem,  but basically said that it was not something that they could / would do any thing about.

My solution was to call and order a $130.00 "standard" (read "pre-ban" barrel assy. from M&A Parts.

Sorry if this is a Dupe thread, but i thought that the word had better  be spread around to check your lengths.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
presto99,
Check your IM's re: RRA bbl.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You didn't need a new barrel to be legal. The 16 " from end to end was legal. Barrel length does not stop at the end of the rifling. If it did, permannently attached flash suppressors wouldn't make a barrel legal either.

Barrel length is measured from the face of the bolt to the end of the barrel, NOT the end of the rifling.

I'm surprised that the person at RR didn't point this out to you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
(Duplicate post)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top