Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:55:41 AM EDT
Sarco had 3 things i wanted to buy
ar15 lower parts kit $44
m16 butt stock current production $30
m203 handguard $20

My fear is that I'll get a cracked handguard, an A1 buttstock thats missing a buffer and spring, and the kit will be missing pins or springs. Has any one ordered these specific items from Sarco befor? Or can they recomend a better retailer that has them for the same price?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll never buy a damn thing from SARCO again !

Their LPK was incomplete. No PG or attaching screw and washer. Pin detents too long, springs too long, poor quality parts overall.

Many of their other parts are used worn-out junk, production defects, or shitty off-shore knockoffs.

Their order desk people can't read or understand English in many cases, so you'll be lucky if you receive what you ordered. Ever had anybody fuck up a well typed double-spaced fax order?

Very, very poor customer service. Just try to return a wrong or defective item, for example. I was very polite the first of several attempts (for the same order) and got almost nowhere with them. I finally had to contact my credit card issuing bank to deduct the amount owed to me.

There are plenty of vendors on this site that deserve your business. Choose a few and ask about them on this forum. Overall, my vote goes to ADCO and Fulton Armory. YMMV .
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have heard a number of negative posts on Sarco.

The one time I ordered some M3A1 parts from them I received everything I ordered in 3 days, so no problems here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The last LPK I purchased from Sarco, about five years ago, looked like cast potmetal parts from a cheap capgun.

Ever since, I have always purchased my LPK's from those $%#@& scumbag lowlifes at RGUNS and have always gotten quality Colt parts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have those fears, then spend you money with the people that you hear good things about.  Saving $5 or 10 isn't going to make up for the aggravation factor....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top