Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:34:21 AM EDT
I saw a Custer Battles PSD guy today and he was carrying a Double Star Arms AR15 (JT). The logo is what caught my eye. He didn't stay long enough for me to get a photo but it looked new. Had a 14.5" barrel with a mini "Y" comp type FS/MB on the end with the older, short type collapsible butt stock and an ACOG TA31 mounted on the A2 upper receiver.

He was riding around in a Suburban with a bunch of Kurdish PSD guys.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
what does PSD stand for?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
it's a protective detail.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Personnel Security Detail. These are the guys doing what we call "Run and Gun". They provide security for the civilian contractors over here.

He missed a turn and ended up at our front gate asking for directionsw. I asked him if he was loosing cool points cause he was lost and he said "No, I'm not with Blackwater"! Ouch, what a slap in the face to BW.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ARFCOM intel TC.

While we pull for, cheer, and pray for the safety of all our men/women over there, we have a special something for the ARFCOM'rs

thanks for fighting for us
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personnel Security Detail. These are the guys doing what we call "Run and Gun". They provide security for the civilian contractors over here.

He missed a turn and ended up at our front gate asking for directionsw. I asked him if he was loosing cool points cause he was lost and he said "No, I'm not with Blackwater"! Ouch, what a slap in the face to BW.

Yeah, because Custer Battles has such a great rep...  

-Troy

BY TROY!

Woot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I successfully refrained from saying that...though GOD the temptation was strong.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
JT has been making a BUNCH of guns that are going over there.  

And as far as Custer's people.  At least they are there doing the fucking job, or trying in this case.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]
TC,

Got some guys here that are passing thru that have Bushmaster M4A1s with Trijicon Reflex sights.  Our M4A1s are all Colts.  Do have some attachments to use from the USAF and USN that have Colt M16A2.

CD
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Every M4 and M16A2 in my battalion is a Colt. I think we have the last of the Colts has most units stateside have FN M16A2s.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top