Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 12:56:27 PM EDT
Dont know if this has been posted before or not but it looks funny so I thought you all might like...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That is an airsoft gun.....

Pretty cool looking though

Edit: gonna cower behind the edit button, cause I was so terribly wrong :-)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point I dont think it realy matters if it is airsoft or not... It is just for laughs...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Look at the hanguard. See how the upper and lower guards are gapped where they meet?. That is a tell tale sign of an A.E.G... Thats where the battery goes

I have seen real guns with a small gap between the handguards. I dont think a small gap is a tell tale sign of anything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Still, I think you are missing the point... No one is claiming it to be real, it is just a JOKE......... Who cares if it was done to an airsoft gun or a plaster cast mold of a gun... it is still funny.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen guns like these before. Last year there was a pic here of a "DEWALT" AR15. There was also a red and silver "Milwaukee" AR on a wall in a hardware store being displayed with a bunch of Milaukee tools. These pics are funny.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone has a copy of the picture of the Milwaukee AR I would like to see it...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
GUYS ITS A FUCKING JOKE
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is an airsoft gun.....

Edit: Let me elaborate why...

Look at the hanguard. See how the upper and lower guards are gapped where they meet?. That
is a tell tale sign of an A.E.G... Thats where the battery goes

Pretty cool looking though

WTF
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
lakeguy,

the gap doesnt prove shit. thankfully a new member with a single digit post count was here to set us all straight.     if you want to build any credability at this site STFU unless you know what youre talking about. clearly in this case youre friggin clueless. that rifle belongs to a board member here and has been posted in the past.

apparently you're "Mr. Airsoft" and that doesnt exactly warm a lot of hearts around here, but anyone who's been around ARs for any length of time has seen all kinds of gaps in handguards. dont become the next "SF_Chris"   (teenage airsoft retard to pretended to be a know-it-all special forces operator)
i didnt want to flame you, but i had to....for your own good.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a guy who paints rifles here that made that Wilwaukee AR.

That's Cavarms furniture on that AR, my guess is that is real.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Well maybe I am wrong then.  I have seen that pic on airsoftplayers.com before and the guys name that posted it. Im trying to find a direct link for it, but am having problems with the site. I respect your guys knowledge on the subject. Didnt mean to come off as an A-Hole.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
GUYS ITS A FUCKING JOKE

Thats what I have been saying.... geesh.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If anyone has a copy of the picture of the Milwaukee AR I would like to see it...

http://www.chameleonweaponry.com/samples/sawzall-camo.jpg

www.chameleonweaponry.com/#
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I like ETH's better.  Perhaps he could post bigger pictures of it?  

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#16]
That is just too cool, lol, "sawsall camo" My next AR build will be a goofy one like that. I was thinking about making my CMP rifle a Harley Davidson themed rifle...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]

"""apparently you're "Mr. Airsoft" and that doesnt exactly warm a lot of hearts around here, but anyone who's been around ARs for any length of time has seen all kinds of gaps in handguards. dont become the next "SF_Chris"   (teenage airsoft retard to pretended to be a know-it-all special forces operator)"""">>>>>>>

Im not "Mr. Airsoft"....far from it in fact. Yes I am involved in airsoft as well. Its just another diversion to spend money on. But just out of curiousity, I have noticed that there is some anti-airsoft sentiment  as you stated. Why exactly is that? I would just really like to know from a different point of view.....Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool AR.  I like the battery mag.

556man
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
First all metal, fluted barrel, pre-ban (note the age of the lower), non-matching metal part, oily pin, fully automatic, airsoft gun I have ever seen.  The different color of the recievers and pins, etc and the oil make it a real firearm.  Any airsoft out there will not have mismatched parts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Just wanted to see what this looked like since I cant see them on the Icon Legend. Figured since no one is getting the point of the post... fuck it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Now we can arm Big Bird.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"""apparently you're "Mr. Airsoft" and that doesnt exactly warm a lot of hearts around here, but anyone who's been around ARs for any length of time has seen all kinds of gaps in handguards. dont become the next "SF_Chris"   (teenage airsoft retard to pretended to be a know-it-all special forces operator)"""">>>>>>>

Im not "Mr. Airsoft"....far from it in fact. Yes I am involved in airsoft as well. Its just another diversion to spend money on. But just out of curiousity, I have noticed that there is some anti-airsoft sentiment  as you stated. Why exactly is that? I would just really like to know from a different point of view.....Thanks

There is a lot of anti-airsoft people here because they think they are a joke.

BTW how are those mags I sold you doing??

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Either way, they are neat looking......
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#24]
They are doing well......Thanks again

Like I stated above, I didnt mean to come off like a know it all. Just wanted to interject a opinion that I thought was right....I just know so little on so many different things, that when I think I know something I jump on it :-
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#25]
That IS an airsoft gun.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
lake,
 i dont know why there is so much anti-airsoft hostility here. i think its because of the people that clog the boards looking for gear and talking smack and giving gear reviews etc. i mean i dont take a chest harness review seriously from an airsoft guy. im not anti-airsoft, never played it myself but i can see where it would have phenomonal training value. i must admit though when i saw the airsoft article in last months ShotGun News i chuckled and said  "hehehe retards"    

i mean its grown men pretending to be soldiers, i mean why not join up and do it for real. it makes as much sense to me as the Dirt Devil toy vacuum i saw in the store yesterday. why not buy the kid a real vacuum and put his ass to work?

id like to see airsoft become a respected training apparatus instead of a way for posers to play dress-up.

you handled that flame well...Welcome to ARFCOM!!!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#27]
The gun is REAL.  As previously stated, it's been posted for a long time, along with ETH's Dewalt/CAVARMS AR.  I saw a guy with a similar weapon with the same type of battery / rifle rest at last years FDCC shoot; his was a DPMS kitty kat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I know its a dead issue but my RRA oversized  O.D.G. gaurds gap alittle on my bushy.

Maybe its the colored gaurds?

Sorry just had to through that in for FYI valuehen
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
it makes as much sense to me as the Dirt Devil toy vacuum i saw in the store yesterday. why not buy the kid a real vacuum and put his ass to work?

id like to see airsoft become a respected training apparatus instead of a way for posers to play dress-up.

you handled that flame well...Welcome to ARFCOM!!!  

Agreed here!

Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't know if it's real or not, but I do wonder about the thingamabob, above the selector, where the pin for a full auto sear would go. There is something there, but it doesn't look like a full auto sear pin.  Since I've never seen an Airsoft, and have zero interest in ever doing so, maybe one of you Airsoft experts could enlighten us about whether or not that is something that would be on an Airsoft piece
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Im not "Mr. Airsoft"

Hmmm.  To my knowledge, no one on this board ever bragged about knowing what the tell tale signs of an "A.E.G." were, or where an airsoft battery goes.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I don't know if it's real or not, but I do wonder about the thingamabob, above the selector, where the pin for a full auto sear would go. There is something there, but it doesn't look like a full auto sear pin.  

Just a guess, but from the grey finish of the lower, I'd say it was a blue label Colt with the sear block.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know if it's real or not, but I do wonder about the thingamabob, above the selector, where the pin for a full auto sear would go. There is something there, but it doesn't look like a full auto sear pin.  

Just a guess, but from the grey finish of the lower, I'd say it was a blue label Colt with the sear block.

Isn't the sear block pin HUGE? The auto sear pin on the new dewalt "looks" to be the correct diameter...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#34]
It is NOT a Colt lower. Look at the mag release fence.  Colt never built a lower with that shape fence.  Also, maybe it's my crappy monitor, but that thing over the selector looks like it extends all the way to the top of the lower reciever, and it looks elongated on my screen; not round.

I don't know what it is, but it ain't a Colt
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#35]
It is an Essential Arms (E.A.) lower. I had one just like it a few years ago. DPMS sold some with the "J" hook mag button fence also.

It sure does look like a fullauto sear pin though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top