Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 5:03:07 AM EDT
Anyone have a pic or link for a 20" A-3 with tan or coyote brown furniture?  Looking mainly for one with the Cav Arms M-4 full length handguards.  Looks good on the M-4gery, not sure how it will look on a 20" barrel.

If you have a pic of one with the tapered handguards, that would be helpful.

I have looked through several pages of the picture thread, and could not locate any.  Slow connection.

Thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Right from Cav Arms Website:
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, don't know how I missed that....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty easy to (they have a ton of photos in the gallery) - I just happened to remember seeing it on my last visit.

BTW I went with Coyotee Brown for my 20 (though I have a FF forearm with the ladder panels).  I really like the CB color - even better than the OD Green on my carbine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I currentlly have the Cav C1 stock and C5 handguards in Desert tan on my 20in, I love them, sometimes I forget how AR's look with black handguards.....I do however wish their Coyote Brown came out when I bought them in tan, I like the Coyote better......
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
mmm...Coyote.  These are the regular A2 handguards on my flattop.  

I like the coyote better than the older tan, it's much better for multiple environs.  BTW, yes I need a BUIS, and no I'm not selling the ACOG.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.cavalryarms.com/galleries/CR/21.jpg

that looks like the old style SP1 Upper
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
mmm...Coyote.  These are the regular A2 handguards on my flattop.  
www.hunt101.com/img/079609.JPG</a>
I like the coyote better than the older tan, it's much better for multiple environs.  BTW, yes I need a BUIS, and no I'm not selling the ACOG.  

It looks like your HGs are splitting down the seem?? Are they?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It looks like your HGs are splitting down the seem?? Are they?

No, but in that pic it looks like it.  The Cav Arms stuff goes on tight, and you have to do the new-arguy-whack-it-with-a-phone-book thing like on the SF M500 handuards.  Pounding on the back end gets the two parts close enough for the delta ring to slip all the way forward.  The seam (in between the two separate pieces) is not enough to catch skin or fabric once you get them situated.  They are also more flexible than the stiff/shiny USGI ones, and sturdier.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Vltor tan and Tango Down tan match very nicely...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Aimless-

You pound on the rear of the HG from the top or bottom.  It compresses them long enough for the delta ring to spring forward.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Its not a 20" but it may be close to what you are looking for.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks for the help and pics.  I placed an order yesterday for my new furniture. Going with tan and the regular taper handguards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.cavalryarms.com/galleries/CR/21.jpg

that looks like the old style SP1 Upper

Nope, it's my M16A1 w/M9.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top