Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:05:12 AM EDT
So I'm looking at that photo of all the neato toys that come along with the SOPMOD is a suppressor. My question is...how does it attach? Is it a direct thread on or a quick attach like the Gem-Tech or AAC's? I look at the F/S and it doesn't look like on of the modified types by the above mention companies. Can someone explain this to me. Pics would be great too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Our M4 "QD" KAC Sound Suppressor is supp;ied with its own Muzzle Compensator (MC) that has the same basic demensions as the standard GI (A2 type) MC.  The rear of the suppressor has a latch that one lifts up as the suppressor is slid onto the MC.  Then the latch is lower and secured by a rotating locking ring.  The latch is at 12 o'clock and once installed, the suppressor does not rotate so its always right-side-up.  MC is heat treated and has carbon cutting grooves to aid in removal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks...anyone have any close up pics?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top