[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you guys.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow that's ugly.  But their R&D made some good comments and the design principal is sound.  Too bad it had to fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
arghh!!!   it's back!

solution to a non existant problem anyone?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#8]
What's wrong with them?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll stick with my LMT Crane and VLTOR stocks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]

return of the Lima Bean stock
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What's wrong with them?

For their intended use, most likely nothing except that they look "ugly".

It's funny, but in the relatively short time I have read these forums I've seen members trashing a person or product for putting form before function, members trashing a person or product for putting function before form, and sometimes even members trashing a person or product for no stated reason at all.  I have no idea what determines these different  fates.  Personally, I believe that form should follow function, but I do understand that different people are here for different reasons and I won't bash someone even if he makes aesthetics the most important factor in his purchasing decisions.

Anyway, do your own research, give weight only to opinions that are backed up by substance, try products yourself, and then make your own decisions.  Don't get caught up in the herd mentality that sometimes seems to grip ar15.com.

than
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wow that's ugly.  But their R&D made some good comments and the design principal is sound.  Too bad it had to fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

dude that was funny!!!So I guess it's working after all, it's been a while since they launch the stock and it looks like is winning the test of time...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Well shit. Dude in camo's got one.

Rejoice, ARFCOM bretheren, you no longer have to call it gay when you see it. In fact, the hivemind COMMANDS you buy one.

Edit: For the record, I've always liked the idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Rejoice, ARFCOM bretheren, you no longer have to call it gay when you see it. In fact, the hivemind COMMANDS you buy one.

Ha!  So true.. I'm waiting for Combat Diver to post pics of his SIR tricked out M4 for the "pendulum of Cool" to swing away from LaRue and back to ARMS!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm starting to think that it looks neat, plus since no one else likes it, my rifle will be extra special like Slingblade Carl. I'm gone to git me som biscuits an mustard. Mmmm,hmmmm!

But seriously, it seems to be a sound concept. Holding the stock high, you only get an inch of body contact with the stock and it's the narrower part of the stock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well put!  Much better than my post...  I guess I was being overly circumspect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
return of the Lima Bean stock

Not armchair commando compatible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I hate to uncover this great gear vendor secret, but if one sends free gear to grunts on the ground, one gets pics of that gear in use.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#19]
correct me if i've blocked it from my memory but, idea behind this monstrosity was to provide more stockweld when wearing body armor.  is this a problem for anyone with a collapsable stock?

has anyone tried one of these and shouted "THIS IS GREAT!!!"?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know but the music on the site is great!
Seems like a good enough reason to try one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Assuming of course that the end user thinks enough of it to actually mount it on their weapon, then yes.

If you are/ were in the military, would you have worn a kevlar codpiece, just because somone produced one in tactical colors?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, lets see. These are guys that shoot everyday under tactical conditions during training, and here are deployed where they get shot at for real.

But, you guys  want to bash them because they are not following the latest ARFCOM fad.

I find that amusing in a sick way. Maybe that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Doesnt change the fact that I think its a solution looking for a problem.

What do you mean? Because most of us wouldn't be wearing body armor?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Im not bashing them.  If it works for them, more power to them.  

Doesnt change the fact that I think its a solution looking for a problem.

No, you never bashed them.  You've been consistent in simply stating that you don't personally feel the need for one and like the feel of a more standard stock just fine.  I respect that, more so if you have actually tried the Duostock and can thus directly compare it to more conventional stocks.  I also think you never even said they are ugly, although you would be welcome to have that opinion.  But there have been quite a few people who as far as I can tell have never even held a Duostock but immediately pronounced it useless, stupid, retarded, etc.  based solely on how "uncool" it looks.  There were even people making ridiculous comments along the lines of "It's so ugly that even if it works to improve survivability I'd rather be shot than put one on my AR."  That I can't respect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I gotta say  I agree with Lumpy on a solution looking for a problem. plus try getting "that" stock to fit in a rifle floor rack in a Humvee or any other military vehicle. I'll stick with the mainstream designs.
And people thought the Edsiel was ahead of it's time too.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top