Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:02:45 PM EDT
I was intrigued the other day when I saw Spooge's post with the pic of the LMT stamped lowers, I have never seen them before and wanted one. You can buy them direct from LMT for 300 bucks  for the fully assembled lower. I wanted one stripped, but at this time you cannot get a LMT stamped stripped lower. However, LMT said they had PWA stamped LMT stripped lowers for 75 bucks. I asked if it was likely that they would sell LMT stamped stripped lowers anytime in the near future and they said probably, but they couldn't give me a date.

From searching thouroughly they do not have much of a web presence, but you can contact and order by phone...

Lewis Machine & Tool
1305 11th St W
Milan, IL 61264
(309) 787-7151
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The obvious answer is to mug Spooge....

There are a lot of things in life where it pays to have friends in the right places.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent him an IM and never heard back. He said he got them from a guy in the EE from IL, but could not get a hold of him again and nothing to be found in EE. Instead of waiting, I took some initiative and got in touch with LMT directly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
[1GR]sigh....[/1GR]

If you want a lower go buy one.  Nothing makes LMT more "special" than the others.  Theirs are competitively priced and are no better or worse than the other dozen or so companies that make lowers (except Hesse/Vulcan).  Either keep patient and wait or go get another lower.  

And why is your thread title in BOLD??
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It was bolded to attract attention. Spooge said a lot of people contacted him regarding the LMT lowers.

True that many lowers are the same, some people buy Colt because of the nastalgia and resale value. I imagine their could be many reasons why people want LMT stamped lowers. For me personally, I already have an LMT upper and I would like them to match both with finish and the stamp. Plus no one really has them aside from spooge (at least that I have seen) so they are somewhat unique (at least for now). LMT is known for making quality products, I like the brand name and want their stamp; simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was bolded to attract attention. Spooge said a lot of people contacted him regarding the LMT lowers.

True that many lowers are the same, some people buy Colt because of the nastalgia and resale value. I imagine their could be many reasons why people want LMT stamped lowers. For me personally, I already have an LMT upper and I would like them to match both with finish and the stamp. Plus no one really has them aside from spooge (at least that I have seen) so they are somewhat unique (at least for now). LMT is known for making quality products, I like the brand name and want their stamp; simple as that.

I got nothing against that.  But if I were you, I would just learn the meaning of the word patience.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Nothing makes LMT more "special" than the others.  Theirs are competitively priced and are no better or worse than the other dozen or so companies that make lowers (except Hesse/Vulcan).  

maybe so, but the LMT components that I have seen, used, owned had unique finish and in my opinion, were a cut above

.............another man's opinion
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
matkat, if you are still looking for a LMT LEO lower let me know, I can hook you up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, if I only new this before I bought my second RRA lower with USMC 0311 engraved in it, I would've invested in LMT lower.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Listen, sorry if it sounded like I was jumping all over you for nothing.  Wish I could blame it on my rough day but I can't.  The truth is that I just get perturbed when people only think that what is new on the block is the only option they have.  First it was LMT (still sort of is), now it is LaRue.  All these new market entries are great, but I do not like it when I see people who refuse to consider any other options simply because they want what is considered to be the "best" thing on the block.  It is the ""Keeping Up With The Jones" frame of mind that gets me all riled up.

Here is JC's link.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=205606&r=&page=1

Told you if you were just patient something would come along.  His prices are fairly good.  And I may get one someday down the road.  

Sorry again for coming off as pissed.

BTW, JC, your email is auto-responding with an away message still.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn, if I only new this before I bought my second RRA lower with USMC 0311 engraved in it, I would've invested in LMT lower.

IMO, those special serial number RRA lowers are more unique than a LMT lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top