Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:52:46 PM EDT
So I just picked up a RRA A2 20" post-ban (thanks Equipment Exchange), and was talking to my local dealer about adding an A2 Flash Hider, and Front Sight Assembly with Bayonet Lug once the AWB passes into the sunset.

From what he mentioned, threading the barrel for the FH is no problem, but the FSA would take some work due to the holes lining up differently....anyway, he said he would do it, and it wouldn't cost that much.

So I called RRA to order an A2 FH, Crush Washer, and pre-ban Front Sight Assembly and asked the guy who answered the phone about switching out the FSH for one with a bayonet lug....He made it sound like it was next to impossible to accomplish...

What do you folks think ? Any personal/gunsmithing experience with this ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you dealer/gunsmith has machining equipment and knows how to use it, he should be able to handle it.  From what I've seen, the horizontal position of the pins could vary from one FSB to another, even within the same brand.  I believe he'll have to re-drill one of the holes/notches in the barrel so that both pins will line up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top