Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 3:42:32 AM EDT
I attempted to install the single stage kit into a Bushy M-4gery.  The gun has always run flawlessly up to this point.  Went to the range yesterday to test and consistently fired two rounds with every trigger pull.   It freaked me out to be honest.  

I was careful to follow the directions.  The disclaimer noted chances are it would not just drop in and it didn't.  I had to work the back end of the actual trigger in order to get the safety to engage.  Understanding you can take too much off I only used emery cloth and mic'd my progress.  It took quite a while but I thought i had it.

Any thoughts on what it could be?  I hope I didn't ruin the damn thing.

Thanks...Tim

(Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.  I did not follow it through all the way and found the disco needed work.  I went ahead and changed back to the USGI and tested that last night). Everything is working great and I love the new trigger.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like the disconnector.  Hmm usually you stone the disconnector to make sure it disengages correctly, it doesn't sound like yours is Connecting correctly.  Are you sure you assembled your trigger correctly?  If so i'd contact AS about this one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you continue to follow the instructions all the way through after you got the safety to fit? It sounds like you need to stone a little off the underside of the nose of the disconnector to get more engagement.

SD
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate everyone's input.  I'll have to take a look at it tonight and see if I can find the problem.  At least I know where to start.

Thanks...Tim
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you continue to follow the instructions all the way through after you got the safety to fit? It sounds like you need to stone a little off the underside of the nose of the disconnector to get more engagement.

SD

Exactly right!

Read the directions carefully - all the way through.  It will be great when you are done.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
In my AS trigger I worked at the disconnector for a while and nver did get it right, so I just put the disconnector from the old trigger in with the AS trigger and hammer and everything was perfect.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In my AS trigger I worked at the disconnector for a while and nver did get it right, so I just put the disconnector from the old trigger in with the AS trigger and hammer and everything was perfect.

I had the same experience, almost.  I did get the AS stainless steel disconnector properly filed down and functioning correctly, but then discovered that the fit dimensions of the filed-down AS disconnector exactly matched those of a standard USGI disconnector.  So I put in the USGI one because the diameter of the pin hole better fit the KNS pins I use.

The upshot is that I don't think it necessary for AS to include their own disconnector.  Lotta work for nothing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top