Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 9:14:48 AM EDT
Does anyone here have any experiences with the free floats from them?  I am probably going to get the light weight rail from them and wanted to know if there are as good as the rest?
Thanks,
Paige
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone here have any experiences with the free floats from them?  I am probably going to get the light weight rail from them and wanted to know if there are as good as the rest?
Thanks,
Paige

I don't own one, but a good buddy of mine just bought the lightweigt FF in mid-length.  He loves it.  I think it looks great.  They are not as expensive as KAC or other companies, and traditionally you get what you pay for.  However, I would say that you get a little more bang for your buck with YHM...

If I can remember, I'll have him post a pick of his AR with the Mid YHM FF...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks,
Paige

Here's one, its very nice too.  Its a YHM carbine FF tube that I got for $89 a while back from BravoCompanyUSA.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you.  Any pics would be great.  I am also looking at the one from Bravo Company.  I really appreciate it.
Paige
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Good buddy here with pics of the AR
Here is a link to the original posting I had MY AR
I'm very happy with the lightweight midlength FF.  They have a grove cut down through the rails and holes drilled down into the rails, and the gap holes are bigger.  I liked the look better.  I had RBPrecision put it together and they did a fabulous job.  Look for them in the industry section.
Now it has MagPul covers on the rails, and the YHM forward grip.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Darkknight,
What size end cap did you get for that hbar.  the 7/8 or 1 1/16?
Paige
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't say that they are as good as the rest (KAC, DD, LaRue, ARMS, PRI, etc.), but I will say that they are more than adequate for most of the casual shooters out there and will likely take most of the abuse that the rest of the "noncasual" shooter could give them.

My only beef with them is that there is no positive, mechanical means to keep the rail system indexed with the receiver.  The system relies on the locknut being tight.  I had a couple and I used Loctite 242 (commonly known as blue loctite) on the rail and locknut and found that the loctite helped to keep the locknut tight.

Here's a pic of an upper I had with the LW YHM tube on it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Could I co witness using this tube and and a2 upper with an eotech?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if the top rail mates up well enough with the top rail of the upper reciever so that you could put a rail across the two for a mechanical bond?

Thanks

Joe
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the top rail mates up well enough with the top rail of the upper reciever so that you could put a rail across the two for a mechanical bond?

Thanks

Joe

Yes it does.  I tried it with an older model ARMS 38S-EX-MOD rail.  The only problem was that the slots in the ARMS rail did not line up with the YHM rail, so I could not finish the installation.  There wasn't enough room between the YHM rail and the FSB to move the whole rail forward and I was as far back as I could go, so the setup wouldn't have worked anyway.  It was very close, but measurements of the differences showed that it woudn't have worked.  See pics below:

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Both my JTAC Supply uppers sport them.  I really like them for the money.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a pic.  20" Bushy HBAR, YHM FF rail, RRA railed gas block, RRA complete upper, Harris 9-13 with Pod-Loc.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:07:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Darkknight,
What size end cap did you get for that hbar.  the 7/8 or 1 1/16?
Paige

um.... I dunno, I'll check soon for you.  It's the one that came on it.  I plead ignorance but I'll look into it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top