Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 12:17:43 PM EDT
Howdy all,

My wife wants a Colt of her own- a 6520 lightweight to be exact.  She has said that she shall order it postsunset.  I am conflicted, however.  I am pleased she likes to shoot the ARs.  I have also had to fight her tooth and nail to get every one of the firearms that now sit in the safe.  

I want her to get the firearm, however, I want some payback.  Choose from the following:

A. "You already have enough guns"
B. "What do you want with [another] one of those?"
C. "Why don't you use the guns you have more?"
D. "I really think we should talk over any major purchases you [we] make"
E. "What you are you going to use it for?"
F. "Don't you have a gun that is already perfect for hunting (chipmunks) (Squirrels) (Cape Horn Buff), etc.
G. "Are you sure it will fit in the safe?  We are not buying another safe.  No way."
H. "Maybe you should think a little more about [A. Your lovely daughter's college education] [b. the mortgage] [c. wood floors- ya, no shit- wood floors] [d. Job Security] [f. retirement]
I. "Why are you so sure it is an investment?  You never sell any of your guns unless you buying a more expensive one..."
J. MY FAVORITE: "Maybe you should consider selling some of your guns to finance this new one"

Yea, I am being a whiny bitch.  I am also pleased and aroused she wants an AR of her own.  I will shut up and pony up the dough.  Still stings, though.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Just have her trade sex for her gun, and tell her you'll do the same for any new guns you get.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Howdy all,

My wife wants a Colt of her own- a 6520 lightweight to be exact.  She has said that she shall order it postsunset.  I am conflicted, however.  I am pleased she likes to shoot the ARs.  I have also had to fight her tooth and nail to get every one of the firearms that now sit in the safe.  

I want her to get the firearm, however, I want some payback.  Choose from the following:

A. "You already have enough guns"
B. "What do you want with [another] one of those?"
C. "Why don't you use the guns you have more?"
D. "I really think we should talk over any major purchases you [we] make"
E. "What you are you going to use it for?"
F. "Don't you have a gun that is already perfect for hunting (chipmunks) (Squirrels) (Cape Horn Buff), etc.
G. "Are you sure it will fit in the safe?  We are not buying another safe.  No way."
H. "Maybe you should think a little more about [A. Your lovely daughter's college education] [b. the mortgage] [c. wood floors- ya, no shit- wood floors] [d. Job Security] [f. retirement]
I. "Why are you so sure it is an investment?  You never sell any of your guns unless you buying a more expensive one..."
J. MY FAVORITE: "Maybe you should consider selling some of your guns to finance this new one"

Yea, I am being a whiny bitch.  I am also pleased and aroused she wants an AR of her own.  I will shut up and pony up the dough.  Still stings, though.

Nope. this is your answer.

"Yes, dear, that's a wonderful idea - but I insist on getting matching rifles so we can do this as a couple. That means I have to buy a new rifle as well!"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
None of the above.

Instead the old perverbial "If you buy that I'm buying new curtains".
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Actualy I'ld ask if I'ld could eat her.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Good woman ya got there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the 6520's FS threaded on?
If I wanted to put a Vortex on, do I just use a wrench to unscrew the A2 and then screw the Vortex on?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top