Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 9:23:20 AM EDT
Okay, so I want to refinish my AR, but don't have the money to send it out to LCW, or Chamelon Weaponry, so I am stuck doing this thing myself.

I want to do a refinish in a desert finish, and also want to do my ACOG to match, along with a bunch of mags for this rifle.

Anyone here got some examples of thier own home brewed refinish jobs?

Alslo, anyone know if Trijicon will still honor their warranty if I just refinish the body of my ACOG?

Thanks for the input, and of course any pics that you show!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's mine: OD furniture, and to make the whole thing less conspicuous, I did the rest of it in brownell's "dark pakerizing gray" Alumahyde II. As you can see, it isn't really as dark as the name implies, but it looks decent, just the same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any pictures right now, but I refinished an old slickside A1 upper that was in a Colt-gray finish using flat black Alumahyde II and it turned out great (and it is available in desert tan). After letting it cure for about two weeks, I rubbed it down with a little Flitz to make the finish a little smoother and then wiped the whole thing down with CLP.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want something that is removeable, try Bowflage by H.S. Camo. that is the stuff that snipers use on their weapons. It's flatter than any other paint or refinishing compound. If you mar it or scratch it , just reapply.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#5]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=194418

Take a look at the pics and links I put in the above post, it should help you out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top