Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 7:19:47 AM EDT
Hello all, I am purchasing a Post Ban AR15 locally for a FTF transfer, my question is can I go on my merry way once the transaction is complete, or do I need to register it like a handgun?

Thanks

Rob
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=39&t=183704

If your new toy has a collapsible stock and measures under 30" with the stock collapsed, you'd need to go the purchase permit/inspection route, just like you would for a handgun...

Since SBR's of any sort are quite illegal in this state, I'll assume that at a minimum you're talking a 16" barrel, and even with the stock collapsed you'll still be over 30" on an AR...

FYI, that AG 30" length ruling was aimed pretty much at the Uzi, the AR's pass it easily...

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good thanks DakrStar
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I just reread Darkstars reply so does that mean that I CAN have a collapsible stock on a post ban as long as it'a over 30" collapsed?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
After September 13th--Yes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok....not too long now!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top