Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:09:43 PM EDT
Does it matter what direction the ports on my Izzy break are facing?  They are not on a vertical and horizontal axis.  They point at the 1, 7, 11, & 5 o'clock positions.  Is this O.K. ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own an Izzy brake but your installation sounds like you got it right. As long as you don't have a port at 6 o'clock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
From the Bushmaster website...
---------------
"A new 5.56mm/.223 Caliber Muzzle Brake – designed right here at Bushmaster – has now been production approved by the BATF. It features four gas ports and a machine turned ribbed design. It is manufactured of quality gun barrel 4140 steel with a manganese phosphate finish, and has proven to be very effective in controlling muzzle rise. Overall length is 2 3/16”. It can be installed without regard to Port location (timing) and will still be effective, however most are installed with ports positioned at 12 - 3 - 6 - 9 o'clock. Slip-on/taper pinned version for Post-Ban barrels (requires factory installation or professional gunsmithing to drill and install the taper pin). .700" diameter at step-down

An internally threaded “Pre-Ban” model for use with Pre-Ban/L.E. threaded barrels is also available"
------------------------------

I indexed mine at 12 oclock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top