Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 7:14:50 AM EDT
Does anyone know much about the knob creek show.  A few friends and I are planning on going and I am curious about the assault rifle match.  The website doesn't give a very good description.  I see there are multiple targets to shoot at, but do you shoot from one spot or is it a run and gun.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
uh, I had some Knob Creek bourbon once.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a run and gun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's a run and gun.

I here that it is different every year, but only slightly.  It is more like 4-5 shooting points with 5 targets each.  Each row of targets get smaller as you go from left to right.

It matters more that you hit all of the targets, than you go really fast.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
KC is awesome just bring ear protection and wear boots for the mud, the sound of 200 plus machine guns, and a flamethrower destroying stuff is to be experienced. BTW I met the legend Troy Sellars from InRange there.....
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BTW, I met the legend Troy Sellars from InRange there.....

Me, too, and he mailed me a free In Range t-shirt.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW, I met the legend Troy Sellars from InRange there.....

Me, too, and he mailed me a free In Range t-shirt.

I loaded mags for 8 hours one day on the rental range.  My hand and face were filthy!  But I had a good time.  And I shot like 75 rounds through some guy's Lanchester and added thus added another machine gun to my list.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Never been there and thinking to go there next time.
How crowded does it get?  Is it worth to bring semi's there being all the auto's there?  Or just go there for the enjoyment of all the automatic firearms.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]
hello Davidflyer,  if you like firearms at all you definetly need to go to KC. i only live an hour away so i'm lucky to enough to go to every shoot. at the last shoot i talked with a husband and wife who drove all the way from Canada to see it.  there is a rental range that has a few different weapons to shoot and many vendors and dealer with all kinds of stuff for sale. i mostly restock on Wolf 7.62X39. i think the main line has roughly 75-100 shooters.

sorry i didn't anwser yor question, it is different targets on the run.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Never been there and thinking to go there next time.
How crowded does it get?  Is it worth to bring semi's there being all the auto's there?  Or just go there for the enjoyment of all the automatic firearms.

Most of the time it is very crowded.  The range is not open during the MG shoot to the public.  It seems to only be for the full auto guys who I assume have made prior arangements with management before showing up.  Meaning I think the full auto people make advanced reservations.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does anyone know much about the knob creek show.  A few friends and I are planning on going and I am curious about the assault rifle match.  The website doesn't give a very good description.  I see there are multiple targets to shoot at, but do you shoot from one spot or is it a run and gun.  Thanks

The Assault Rifle Match will require a minimum of 30 rounds with at least one magazine change likely. The course will consist of 4 stages with 5 steel targets in each. However, the last bank will have 5 steel targets with one paper target in which 5 shots will be taken. All steel targets will be done as 1 shot per target going from left to right. A target shot out of sequence will be called a missed target and a 10 second penalty will be assessed. In addition, there will be a bonus target on each stage. If hit you will have ten seconds removed from your total time. If missed there is no penalty. The object of this match is to end up with the lowest possible time. Your score is based on moving time, target score and penalty score. The target distances will be from 50 yards to 125 yards. Ammo pouches, mag pouches and jungle clip magazines will be allowed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hello Davidflyer,  if you like firearms at all you definetly need to go to KC. i only live an hour away so i'm lucky to enough to go to every shoot. at the last shoot i talked with a husband and wife who drove all the way from Canada to see it.  there is a rental range that has a few different weapons to shoot and many vendors and dealer with all kinds of stuff for sale. i mostly restock on Wolf 7.62X39. i think the main line has roughly 75-100 shooters.

sorry i didn't anwser yor question, it is different targets on the run.

Where do you live? Im only about a hour and a half away in Madison, IN.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
m4tactical and 748catt, you guys need to visit the Indiana Forum here on AR15.COM. We're hosting a Hoosier AR15.COM shoot in southern Indiana in two weeks. There should be a few machineguns and suppressed weapons there as well. All are invited.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I broke out my KC video from the fall of 2001 for some guys at work.  I think some of their jaws hit the floor at the part when the line lit up.  It got me thinking about going again this year.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top