Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 7:50:10 PM EDT
I had an old SGW "Stop Sign" pre-ban gun. I decided to take Olympic up on their offer to "rebuild" the lower (eg; replace with a new forged unit with the old serial number). For $150 bucks, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Rather than the "four to six weeks" promised turn-around, it took four months.

Now that I have the replacement receiver, the hammer and trigger pins are so hopelessly mis-placed that the unit is useless. The safety will not restrict movement of the trigger enough to be of any use. (I tried all sorts of trigger/safety combinations) The trigger tang is just too far below the safety to get any sort of engagement.

The relationship between the tigger and hammer pin holes is such that you cannot get both the trigger and the hammer into the gun at the same time. They impinge on each other.

As it stands right now, I'm out a perfectly good pre-ban lower and $150. What I have in return is a paperweight.

I've e-mailed Oly to see what they intend to do about this situation. I really hope they're not expecting me to wait another four months.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

SD
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres what to do.. Call them dont email.. Ask for extension 118 ( Andy Wilson) he is the guy who handles returns and repairs. He handled my lower remake, sold me a new upper, and I got one back with perfect fit AND color match between them. My remake took about 6 weeks from them receiving it  to me getting it back. It is now one of my favorite ARs. If you talk to him he should make it right, they did a fine job for me..

John
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Olympic did a great job on the preban lower I sent back for "remanufacture". It took about a month and was perfect. I would take gmtmaster's advise and give them a call. I'm sure they will make it right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a kaboom on an Oly rifle and Andy was great to deal with. Let me get a bunch of upgrades at a fraction of the original cost. Call him!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop emailing and call over there!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm...

I'm getting the impression that most think I should stop with the e-mails and call on the phone....

Do I have it right so far?

Thanks, bros.

SD
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmmm...

I'm getting the impression that most think I should stop with the e-mails and call on the phone....

Do I have it right so far?

Thanks, bros.

SD

I would suggest using the phone. Saves time and headaches. I've found Olympic customer service to be outstanding when ever I've called them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#7]
It's shocking to me that Oly would have quality control issues!
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you called yet?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top