Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:52:18 PM EDT
I was wondering if any of you guys used these before?I know it not a true Full Auto gun but looks pretty cool.I wont be using it much cause ammo is expensive but every once in awhile just for show.

http://www.hellstormtriggers.com/
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
"Just for show" is right.  If you don't mind spending the money and putting unecessary wear and tear on your rifle, go for it.  Just be aware that these devices have a very high "goober factor."

Personally, I think they're just plain silly.  If you want to rock-n-roll, pony up the dough, fill out the proper forms, and do it right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
One word...

Crap.

Learn to bump and save your cash.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
100% Junk... Spend your money on ammo and mags
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember one time... a long time ago, when I was first getting into guns... I wanted to buy a "HELLFIRE" trigger so bad!!  I guess you just outgrow & forget about all that cheezy stuff.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input.I went to the site and read about it and its something I wouldn't like.I didnt like the bump-fire assist thing.Better of doing it the right way then the cheap way,gonna cost the same in the end.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bumpfiring is done like this:

Hold the rifle down by your hip, using your off-hand to support the rifle by the handguards.  Place your primary hand's index finger straight across through the trigger guard, and hold it straight.  Now, keeping your primary hand absolutely still, and NOT moving that finger or pulling the trigger in any way, use your off-hand to pull the rifle forward until the trigger is depressed by your stationary finger.  If you maintain forward pressure on the rifle, what will happen is that the rifle will fire, and the recoil will move the gun back just far enough for the trigger to reset before your forward pull on the rifle will cause the rifle to fire again.

With a bit of practice, you can rip off full mags of ammo, and after you get some practice, you can move the rifle up to your shoulder and learn to duplicate the practice there.  It's much harder to learn the mechanics if you start that way, though.

Note that this is no substitute for full-auto, as you can't really control the rifle well.  It is mainly for ripping off ammo and impressing your friends, and/or making an ass out of yourself at the range, depending on your audience.  

-Troy

Another way to do it is to put your thumb through the trigger guard and a belt loop on your pants.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't feel bad. Many ARFCOMMERS have asked the same questions regarding "the bump" and hellfire triggers.

And if they say they didn't ask or did not do a search for these threads, chances are they are BSing you!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top