Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 11:21:54 PM EDT
Once you have a registerd SBR do you need to fill out the paper work and pay the $200 tax(extortion) for every additional upper, or do you just order SBR uppers like any 16"+ upper??

thx, 7.62
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Once you have a registerd SBR do you need to fill out the paper work and pay the $200 tax(extortion) for every additional upper, or do you just order SBR uppers like any 16"+ upper??

thx, 7.62

No, the lower is what actually become  registered as a NFA SBR. You are suppose to notify the ATF when you change barrel lengths . No fee involved in this notification.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thx, 7.62

No, the lower is what actually become  registered as a NFA SBR. You are suppose to notify the ATF when you change barrel lengths . No fee involved in this notification.

How do notify them? I've never seen the form, and my Form 1 was approved stating "Less than 16"" for barrel length.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thx, 7.62

How do notify them? I've never seen the form, and my Form 1 was approved stating "Less than 16"" for barrel length.

I got that info from a ATF agent when I called the Richmond, Virginia ATF office to request to the forms. I personally never looked into it any more, but thats what he told me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It is my understanding that registering the gun as "less than 16" " barrel length and "less than 26" " overall length, eliminates the need to notify ATF every time you change uppers.  Folks register SBRs in multiple calibers for the same reason.  My SBR AR is registered in 9mm and .223, even though it will probably stay a dedicated pistol-caliber platform. I just wanted the flexibility to change if the mood struck.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is my understanding that registering the gun as "less than 16" " barrel length and "less than 26" " overall length, eliminates the need to notify ATF every time you change uppers.  Folks register SBRs in multiple calibers for the same reason.  My SBR AR is registered in 9mm and .223, even though it will probably stay a dedicated pistol-caliber platform. I just wanted the flexibility to change if the mood struck.

Correct..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top