Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 4:45:51 AM EDT
Well I had so many requests to build my stand with a "parts well" that I just had to build one. This one is just like the first model, except it has a 1" high wall around the perimeter to catch small parts. The only thing I haven't done yet is build one with a white bottom to make the parts easier to see.
The stand is completely hand built with a plastic welder. No screws and it is resistant to solvents.

It takes a little longer to build one of these because of the extra welding. Drop me a mail if you are interested.

[email protected]

http://www.hunt101.com/img/149825.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/149826.JPG
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
now that is a great idea!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Like some else suggested, can this be built with the post removable? This would be great to take to the range!

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The lower seems to be covered, how about building an upper stand into the tray to go next to the lower stand?

Make the base/tray wider and put two posts on there with retaining pins that you could just put the upper on using the pivot/takedown pin holes. Have the upper posts higher so you're no ducking down to see in the barrel. Position the so that the weigh of the upper doesn't throw of the balance.

Maybe throw in a form tray in the shape of the bolt parts so you don't lose track of them... looks like they might get lost in that dark black tray if they were just rolling around loose... and a raised "nipple" to place the bolt carrier on for scrubbing carbon out?

Non-slide/skid rubber on bottom so it doesn't slip around on a flat/slick table top?

Would be sweet for cleaning... nothing would touch the deck using this.

Is the plastic resistant to solvents and such?

Plan on selling them in the EE, getting an Industry partner membership, or selling them on eBay? Or all of the above?

Anywho... my $0.02 after tax, tags, tips, s&h.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats my next project. It's like having your own personal fabricator. You guys are demandingI'll give it a wirl and post back soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I can do the floor of the base in white, which would work for parts visibility.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#6]
White?

Little Boy: I thought you might like some coffee.
[Sits beside a Little Girl who takes a cup]
Little Boy: Cream?
Little Girl: No thanks, I take it black, like my men.

Eh... I like the molded/form tray better, but that's because I'm anal retentive and obsessive compulsive and therefore have to have a place for everything, nice and neat. But it's your product...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
The white would still be the same as what you see, only the floor would be white. White and black can be welded together. I'm like you, black rifle, black tray, but some prefer white to see the itty bitty pieces roll around.
The plastic is resistant to ANYTHING!!! We use this stuff to build hydraulic "jaws of LIfe" tool mounts. They use Phosphate Esther that will eat thru steel!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Are those for sale?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure!!! I own a plastic fabrication company. I do most of the R&D for our products myself and being a weekend shooter, I make time to build stuff for my AR. If I like how it works, I post it here to make it availalbe to others. drop me a mail  [email protected]  My company is www.plastixplustx.com    Our stuff is about as far away from guns as you can get. We do Fire, EMS stuff
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you add a can holder and a small microwave...Oh gosh I am funny.

That looks awesome....I want one of those now instead of the standard one....good thing I didn't get one yet:)

Good ideas....keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks Great!  What's the price?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sure!!! I own a plastic fabrication company. I do most of the R&D for our products myself and being a weekend shooter, I make time to build stuff for my AR. If I like how it works, I post it here to make it availalbe to others. drop me a mail  [email protected]  My company is www.plastixplustx.com    Our stuff is about as far away from guns as you can get. We do Fire, EMS stuff

email sent.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Those things just keep getting better, I am going to have to get a PayPal account and get back to you msnow, Unless you take AE
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you get that PAYPAL account yet??

Quoted:
Those things just keep getting better, I am going to have to get a PayPal account and get back to you msnow, Unless you take AE

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Great,  more stuff to feed my ARs with !   Lower stand, check...... Uppper stand, in the works......Hmmmm, what about an AR10 stand?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#16]
i wonder which will come first. He'll run out of ideas and plastic or i'll run out of money.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#17]
While this does look neat it is a for sale ad
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top