Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 1:29:25 PM EDT
for those that don't know what a swan sleeve is...

Item #38
The SWAN® Sleeve provides a platform that is semi-permanent to the M16 and other similar weapons. When installed to the A.R.M.S.® designed M16 A3 flat top receiver, the Sleeve height provides a patented flip up rear sight The rear sight provides an A2 type windage adjustment with a std. 250-500m range zero, via the front sight bead. The SWAN® Sleeve protects the flat top receiver, providing dovetail protection bumpers along the entire length. The Sleeve is available in three lengths. The spring loaded rear sight is cleverly designed to repeat zero each time it is released by the easy to activate positive hold release lever, even with arctic mittens. (Suggested Retail: Std - $150, Ext - $165, S-Ex - $180)

I already have a GG&G MAD on the gun, but was thinking of going with an extended rail in lieu of the RIS (I only want to mount optics, no use for the other 3 rails).  Will something that long act like a diving board under recoil & cause innacuracy with followup shots?  Any other thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
no, it's hell for stout.  i have one and after shooting it i can't see the need to forward mount optics.  want to buy mine?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
no, it's hell for stout.  i have one and after shooting it i can't see the need to forward mount optics.  want to buy mine?
View Quote

Possibly.  what overall length is it?  Have pics?  And forgive me if I'll wait for a more unbiased opinion before deciding [;)].
I'm assuming that yours has the integrated rear sight?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The only flex you can get from it is if you want to, same as the barrel will flex if you want to push and pull on it. Like the barrel, they work great when used as advertised.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
May I ask what optic you plan on using ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
May I ask what optic you plan on using ?
View Quote

Yes you may.
[img]http://burrisoptics.com/images/25xshotgun.gif[/img]
It's a 2.75 power Burris scout scope.  According to the Burris website it weighs 7 oz. if that's what you were looking for.  It's also 9.2 inches long.  I'm hoping to house it in ARMS thow-lever rings, but if anyone out there makes 1" throw-levers that would be even better.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Your ability to recover with quick followup shots with a 2.75 power optic should not be affected by the recoil effects on a A.R.M.S. #38 ex.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top