Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 6:30:51 PM EDT
I have a 1978 SP-1 lower and was wanting to put a 14.5 upper on it but don't know what it will take to do this?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you could get a permanently attached Flash hider and you'd be good without having to register.

Otherwise, it's a lot of ass ache!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Either purchase a 14.5" barrel with a permanent flash suppressor attached, or you will have to go the NFA route.  The NFA route if legal in your area will involve a $200 tax, background check, and CLEO sign off.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You can avoid the CLEO sign off by incorporating and trasfering the SBR to the corp.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
BATF Form 1

www.titleii.com
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can avoid the CLEO sign off by incorporating and trasfering the SBR to the corp.
View Quote

DevL, I have heard of this before. Dose it have to be a gun related corp? Please tell me more.

KZ
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I would suspect that getting a perm attached Flash hider from one of the hacks on this site would be infinitely easier than the NFA route.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
[img] http://www.dpmsinc.com/products/BL-YH.jpg[/img]
[url] http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=BL-YH[/url]

And his is the link for silver solder.  
[url] http://www.silversupplies.com/catalog/silver_solder/solder.shtml#paste[/url]

All you will need  is a Mapp torch to get the FS to a dull red glow to flow the solder (1145*), then use some Cold bluing to bring the FS color back to black.

If you want/need to remove the FS at a latter date, just heat it back up and spin the FS off.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would suspect that getting a perm attached Flash hider from one of the hacks on this site would be infinitely easier than the NFA route.
View Quote

it would be easier, but he said he wants a SBR
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
He said he wanted a 14.5" barrel for a pre ban.  Thus a permanently attached FH on an M4 barrel would meet his objective without requiring NFA registration, Beetroot!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

DevL, I have heard of this before. Dose it have to be a gun related corp? Please tell me more.

KZ
View Quote

No it does not.  You can find out all about it in the full auto section of this forum.  Every state has different rules for incorporation.  If you try to go to an atty they will charge you an arm and a leg.  Your best bet is to find someone from your home state who has done the incorporation route.

Really though if all you want is a 14.5" barrel a permanant flash hider is a lot faster and less expensive.

Edited to add:

I see your in Cali... your screwed.  No class 3 there for you.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Devl is obviously correct.
MOVE!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top