Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2003 1:46:26 PM EDT
Hi guys. After several months lurking around, I finally joined the board.I just need a few questions answered before I build my first AR.1) How improtant is chrome lining in a barrel?I'm just doing rangework and possible self defense if the world comes to an end or something.2) If I use a light weight barrel,how much accuracy is going to be lost?3) Is a chrome bolt carrier really needed if you want optimum reliability? Sorry for the long post.I just want my one and only AR to be a good one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi guys. After several months lurking around, I finally joined the board.I just need a few questions answered before I build my first AR.1) How improtant is chrome lining in a barrel?I'm just doing rangework and possible self defense if the world comes to an end or something.
View Quote

Its prefered, but there are thousands of rigs, even in this club, that don't have it.
2) If I use a light weight barrel,how much accuracy is going to be lost?
View Quote

barrel weight/length/profile doesn't effect accuracy

3) Is a chrome bolt carrier really needed if you want optimum reliability?
View Quote

Chromelined, not chrome exterior
Sorry for the long post.I just want my one and only AR to be a good one.
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the long post.I just want my one and only AR to be a good one.
View Quote

[LOL]
View Quote

Yea, I loved that part too.  After burning up Ar-15's for over 30 years, I wish I would have only bought that one best rifle that everyone else seems to find too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the forum, makattack
                                                               [coffee]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the dark side makattack. [:D]

TG
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
[beer] Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
One and only AR... Oohhhhh Just wait, the disease sneaks up on you, and before you know it.. BLAM.. You got a whole basement full of em! Some get the Black disease sooner, some later.. But you will too.. Welcome!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the warm welcolme guys. If I'm just building a all around rifle, I don't need chrome lining in the barrel and chamber for reliability? If not it would be more cost effective to buy a kit.Right?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just one huh?  Well then, you need to logoff and never come back  I came here in November of last year with the idea of buying an AR to add to my other guns.  By November of this year I had 3.  Through some horse tradin' and buying in the last week.  I soon will have a spare complete upper.  What goods an upper without a lower.  Hello number 4.  Welcome to the addiction, enjoy.

BBossman
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
barrel weight/length/profile doesn't effect accuracy ???
I think the benchrest community would disagree.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the warm welcolme guys. If I'm just building a all around rifle, I don't need chrome lining in the barrel and chamber for reliability? If not it would be more cost effective to buy a kit.Right?
View Quote

Thats the good thing about our hobby, do whatever you want!!.. Piece it together, buy a rifle complete.. Whatever!!  Read/ follow this board and you wont go wrong... John
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, just one all around rifle ...
Then one Varminter...
Then one M 4gery...
Then one Shorty...
Then one Dissipator...
Then one just because...
Abandon hope Makattack, and welcome to the addiction.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top