Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 8:42:13 PM EDT
Which B&C would yall recommend for semi-auto use, the Les Baer national match or the RRA enhanced?  Can anyone here compare the two concerning performance/features?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
replaced all my carriers in my 2 bushmasters and am real happy.Carrier is also a little heavier and I also replaced my hammer with a RRA because the notch cut is half that of what bushmaster does.I figured more firing pin contact surface.Still using my original bolt and insides so now I ahve some new spare parts.The RRA carrier is excellent in fit and function and I love the closed bottom..more to the spec.I bought mine from pete in newhampshire..at $99 for the hole assembly its well worth it for the excellent quality and cheaper price especialy compared to bushmaster products.I love my bushmasters but they dont have a monopoly on quality parts sub contracted production.RRA equal or better parts and cheaper use them without reservation.As for lesbaer I do know this I use their hard chromed AR extractor and ejector on my bolt and the last 10000 rounds of wolf no problem and no wear.They are more expensive but well worth it.I went to the chromed extractor to make me feel good about any steel case wear worries on a regular extractor and ejector and not have to worry about a gunked up ejector.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The Les Baer unit is FAR superior to the RRA unit.  It weighs the same as an M16 carrier while having an AR15 profile.  The finish is top notch.  Its head and shoulders above the RRA unit and the price reflects that.  It has all the features of the RRA unit and many more.  If your not on a budget go Les Baer (Young Mfg.) everytime.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top