Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 9:42:38 PM EDT
I am getting grooves on the inside of my bolt carrier on both sides directly below the large cutout.  The grooves are relatively deep and are vertical in relation to the carrier.  The carrier is a DPMS hardchrome.  It is mounted in a new Bushmaster M4 preban 16" upper. What could be causing this?  Should I get a new carrier. Is this something to worry about.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
got pictures?

I can host/post them here if you like.

I'll IM you with my email.

Link Posted: 12/6/2003 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll post some pics now that the site is backup.  Upon looking at it a little more closely it looks like some REALLY bad machine marks.  They are pretty deep.  Put pics up soon.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am getting grooves on the inside of my bolt carrier on both sides directly below the large cutout.  The grooves are relatively deep and are vertical in relation to the carrier.  The carrier is a DPMS hardchrome.  It is mounted in a new Bushmaster M4 preban 16" upper. What could be causing this?  Should I get a new carrier. Is this something to worry about.  Thanks for any info.
View Quote

You are not talking about the forward assist grooves, right?

just checkin...

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like these are just what you said, bad machining marks inside of the carrier, not where the bolt rides but in the back.

I've seen them in many different carrier brands. They just make clean up a little more of a chore but I don't think it's something you have to worry about.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top