Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2003 6:05:49 PM EDT
I want to paint one of my ARs, but want to know what paints are good.  I don't think that there's a 'gun painting paint', so I'm wondering what paint you guys use/have used.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Krylon works great.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The Krylon camo paints do work well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
BowFlauge works, it can be taken off and reapplied to whatever you want.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the [url=www.lauerweaponry.com]Lauer[/url] paints as they are actually a firearms finish and not just paint.  Easy to apply, baking is not necessary, and the finish is tough.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
[url=nouglyguns.com]No Ugly Guns[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I know people have been very successful with aluma-hyde II...
I know nothing about it though!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I just used the Krylon Camo paints. Lots of trial and error, but I got it the way I wanted. I first thought I would use liquid latex as a mask for the pattern. BIG MISTAKE. I had to use some stripper to get the paint and latex off the hanguards and stock. The citrus paint stripper seems to be plastic safe. Royal pain in the ass. Regular masking tape is the way to go. Also, make sure you lightly sand the parts before applying the next pattern. I used a 150 grit sanding sponge and just sanded enough to give it a smooth finish.

(edited to add) The top one I did the stock, sight, and handguards, the bottom one was just the stock.

[img]www.cs.uwf.edu/~rharper/ar15s.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top