Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 11:32:04 AM EDT
i have a cheap flip up now that sux, dunno brandname, but Im not happy with it, so , I am curious as to what the fine folks here are using and have ya tried others.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm guessing after 20 or 30 votes you'll see ARMS #40 up to 85% or more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
ARMS is spring loaded.  Having a rear sight caught on a Tac Vest once and then hitting way low on all my targets made me realize that mechanical is a no no in a bad situation.  ARMS, even when caught on stuff, will return to ZERO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Always likes ah fowty [booze]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh, where's the Knight's option? 300m, 600m?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The thing you have to worry about with the ARMS is that you might have to replace your front sight post with one of the taller ones made for colts with detach carry handles, since the arms flip ups are taller then most others.  The new posts are only like 5 bucks though.

Digital
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:13:00 AM EDT
[#7]
welp, I went with Wilson COmbat one, LoL. I know its not on the list, but i really like the looks of it and it has Windage & elevation controls, The arms looks too bulky and I cant change my front site post to a taller one, I have a trijicon post up there, so, ill see how this turns out. thanks for the replys.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Well for further information you don't need to change to the taller front site post when using the ARMS #40.  The taller front site post is only for use if you use a Clamp on Carry handle which puts the sight picture taller.

I have a ARMS #40 w/ a Trijicon Ft Site and love it.  So anyone else looking for a BUIS, Get a ARMS #40, there great!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#9]
If you have a height clearance problem, you may have to go with a sight other than the ARMS #40. If you are shooting at long distances, you may want to consider the KAC 600m.  If not for those two factors there is no reason not to get the #40.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#10]
GG&G doesn't get much credit on this web site.  They have great products that are very well built.  Good customer service.  fast mail service.  Check them out.  gggaz.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the ARM #40 is well liked, but can someone please tell me something, anything about the DPMS unit.  Does it work, hold up, would you buy another or....

Really hoping that Bugger Santa brings me everything I need.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#12]
ARMS 40 for a flip, LMT for a fixed.  Maybe a KAC 600 flip on an SPR.  These are the only way to go IMamateurO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GG&G doesn't get much credit on this web site.  They have great products that are very well built.  Good customer service.  fast mail service.  Check them out.  gggaz.com
View Quote

Actually, I like both the GG&G front and rear BUIS.  Everyone on here is normally in combat mode and worried to the nth degree about a split second delay or beating their rifles up.  I don't do either.  I like all the flavors, GG&G, PRI, ARMS, & KAC.  They all work for me, and each have their advantages/disadvantages.  The ARMS #40 does give as much clearance as the GG&G A2 rear, nor does is lockup like it (designed that way though).  The PRI front doesn't have a bayo lug like the GG&G (or a way to mount accessory rails or sling swivels), which I happen to like just because it looks cool.  You must decide what is important to yourself, and hell with others.  As a civilian who shoots at a range, I really don't give a flip about what is the most combat worthy, or which one has an infinitesimal edge over the other.  However, if you have only one rifle, it becomes more important to get the best.  If you have multiple rifles and like to try everything out, as long as you have one SHTF/Combat worthy rifle, it doesn't matter much what is on the rest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#14]
You might want to check out these... [url]www.troyind.com/news.htm[/url]

I don't know much about them, but they look well built. For what it's worth.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top