Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2003 5:37:08 PM EDT
I bought the tool that takes the locking ring off the telestock but it appears that its on there real good because the notch on the tool snapped off and now I'm out of a way to get the thing off. are they normally this hard, any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the tool was defective.  They should be hard to remove but not impossible and the tool should not break.  If you recently purchased this send it back for a replacement
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
wrap a towel or piece of inner tube around the ring and grip it with a pair of channel locks

It has worked for me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the majic potion.W D 40.It work's every time,that;s what i used when i changed mine.It sure make's those pain in the ass job's much easier
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the castle nut staked on and did you use one of the small cheap stock wrenches?

Ray
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I used one of those wrenchs that doubles as a 1911 tool also, it has a notch on the end to grip the nut in which it tore off. I kinda made another notch. if that dont work, im just gonna use the channel locks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got it. thanks guys. The made up wrench worked. its now better than new. [:)]anyways, as soon as I can, I'll post a pic.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top