Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 4:18:48 PM EDT
I am looking for help identifying the manufacturer of a stock.  A1 length, black  fairly smooth finish, trap door, and on  the right side right before it meets the lower there is a large ~1/2" letter "C" with a ~1/4" "S" inside.  They are raised and very well defined.  Is this a US made Colt stock?  It is on a 9 million range M16A1, just wanting to know if it is correct for the gun.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a Colt-made A1 stock made out of A2 spec plastic, which is more durable.

Wanna sell it?  Huh,huh? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
These were standard on the Colt Sporter Lightweights for a while.

Lynn
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My first A2 Sporter Lightweight (1991) came with that stock.  It had a trapdoor A2 buttplate, so I always thought it was an A2.   Until over 10 years later when I took it out my parts closet and tried to mount it on a tube using the A1 spacer... [brick]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top