Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 4:22:50 PM EDT
Which form do I need from the ATF, and how long does this process usually take from the time I fill it out and send it back to them?  Thanks for the input.  My plan is to put a Model 1 commando kit on a post ban lower, but first I'd remove the bayo lug, permanently attach a break, and fix the stock in the collapsed position.  I want a really short rifle an don't care about the 'evil' features on this one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Form 1 (5320.1) in duplicate, finger print card in duplicate, and when I asked them to send me the forms, they also sent me two Certificates of Compliance.  While the directions do not mention a duplicate CC, might as well send two in.  If extra, they'll throw it away, if you need two and send one, it will hold you up quite a bit.  Time the last I heard was 8-16 weeks, depending on case load and your luck.  

http://www.atf.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!  Much more helpful than I could have anticipated.  Again, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Time the last I heard was 8-16 weeks, depending on case load and your luck.  

http://www.atf.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms
View Quote

Yep, I've consistently 120 to 180 days
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at the form 1, and it says 'reason for building firearm' or some such, and I was wondering what I should put there.  I don't really have any reason to build it except that I want a really short rifle.  What should I say, or what did you guys say?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
"To further enhance my firearm collection"......Or "so I can sneak this badboy into the courthouse and......" LOL J/K...UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
There's alot of this info on the auto forum.take a look in there, too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#7]
so, i could build my own SBR and register it with the ATF? i see class 3 dealers elling SBR's for $1500 or more in post ban config. these would cost no more than $800 to build. i would rather build my own SBR and register it, but i thought i needed to be a class 2 manufacturer to register SBR's with the ATF.

can someone clarify for me.

thanks
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so, i could build my own SBR and register it with the ATF? i see class 3 dealers elling SBR's for $1500 or more in post ban config. these would cost no more than $800 to build. i would rather build my own SBR and register it, but i thought i needed to be a class 2 manufacturer to register SBR's with the ATF.

can someone clarify for me.

thanks
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=173215[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top