Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 3:24:49 AM EDT
i see he write a lot of gun articles i read these days....

just curious
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
MSTN is right on--Pat's writing is accurate, reliable, practical, and effective.  It does not get any better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
David  is emerging as a prolific writer on firearms related topics.  He formerly and may currently log on to Assaultweb and AK47.net as 14.5. as far as I know.

He seems like a good guy, FWTW.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait...How'd we go from David "Dress Me Up Like a Commie" Fortier to Pat Rogers???

Yall lost me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
In his review of the .21 Ghangis in SGN, he (Fortier) quotes Dr Fackler word for word without giving credit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#8]
David has written three articles on the Tromix SledgHammers in the past.  One on the 50AE and 44 Magnum in April of 2001 Gun World.  The other was on the .458 SOCOM April of 2002 Gun World.  He also did one on the .458 SOCOM for The Accurate Rifle, April of 2002.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait...How'd we go from David "Dress Me Up Like a Commie" Fortier to Pat Rogers???
View Quote

[rofl]

Got to love those pics in the smock...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I have read his most recent article in Rifle Shooter, he needs to research what Mils really are, he repeats the often cited error on what mils are and goes on state something about them that was totally false.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#11]
This aint recrimination - think one of his articles lauded SAI/Gary Gucciano. Got no dog in that fight, but damn how could you miss that one.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This aint recrimination - think one of his articles lauded SAI/Gary Gucciano. Got no dog in that fight, but damn how could you miss that one.

Luck
Alac
View Quote

NO SCHIT !!

(Lauding Gary Gucciano is kinda like nominating Hitler for the Nobel Peace Prize.)
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I find his writing style curiously annoying.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#14]
He is your basic Gun Writer.

Praising Gary Gucciano for nothing more then an internet reputation shows that research is not one of his strong points!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I'm just jealous, but how does get access to all those goodies that he puts in his articles. If they are personal firearms I envy him. If they are dealer samples I would like for a few of them to be thrown my way! A fellow with that kind of collection deserves to write articles. Its nice to see a younger guy get his foot in the door of these publications. No one else writes on the same subject manner that he does.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Not all the stuff is his, although quite a bit of it is. The AKSU and RPK that're seen quite a bit, along with the AKS-74 in Plum, belong to a friend of mine (and his) named Marco. Dave, Marc Krebs, and Marco took a trip to Russia about 2 years ago IIRC to meet MTK and folks in the the Nikonov and Kalashnikov Design Bureaus. From what I hear Fortier's a good guy.

Most of the stuff he writes about Kalashnikovs is dead-on, so no complaints there. His article on the AN-94 was pretty damned awesome, and his photographer is also top notch. She's no Ichiro Nagata, but she's got plenty talent.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Most Gun Writers cater to special interest!

Why, because a lot of their "Collections" come from such catering (Penny on the dollar deals after a stunning review or outright "Gifts" after said reviews).

Not to say Mr. Fortier practices the same, but after posting concerns to SAI (Gary Gucciano, Over the Internet) why his Krink was not delivered after many months over due and the fact he wrote a stunning review months before his Krink was ever delivered, Kinda makes you wonder doesn’t it?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top