Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 6:56:55 PM EDT
I just ordered an Olympic Arms PCR-16 which will be my first AR-15. I don't have any experience with any of these so I have a few questions if someone can help me out. Will Weaver rings fit the Picatinny flat top or do I need special rings? What kind of bipod would be easiest to mount? What type mags are the best? I have not handled this particular model but it looked the best for what I want to do which is use it for Coyotes. I hope I bought a good one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just ordered an Olympic Arms PCR-16 which will be my first AR-15. I don't have any experience with any of these so I have a few questions if someone can help me out.
View Quote

Good for you, welcome to the addiction. [;D]

Will Weaver rings fit the Picatinny flat top or do I need special rings?
View Quote

Sorry I don't know.

What kind of bipod would be easiest to mount?
View Quote

Probably a Harris.

What type mags are the best?
View Quote

Stick with any USGI, I like Snghez the best, but that's personal preference.

I have not handled this particular model but it looked the best for what I want to do which is use it for Coyotes. I hope I bought a good one.
View Quote

.223 is a great round for yotes. Olympic is a good brand.

Will you be handloading?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]"olympic is a good brand"[/b]

the ammo or the AR?  havn't heard too many good things about olympic .223.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
you'll need to buy a stud to put under your handguards to mount a harris bipod.   1 inch "weaver" rings will fit your flattop rail.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome and enjoy your rifle. [beer]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I have the equipment but haven't reloaded in a long time. Would it be economical to reload with all the cheap .223 ammo around, or should I stay away from surplus stuff?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks. I have the equipment but haven't reloaded in a long time. Would it be economical to reload with all the cheap .223 ammo around, or should I stay away from surplus stuff?
View Quote

I reload 223 when I want supreme, handloaded accuracy. Aside from that I stick to military surplus like Lake City M193. At a price of about $179 to $199 per thousand delivered it isn't much more expensive than reloading.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top