Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 6:55:46 AM EDT
We all know that some pistols are more prone to malfunction due to shooter error than others. How about rifles?

I went to the range the other day with my new Bushmaster. I had no problems at all with it. My friend, however, had multiple failures to feed and one failure to extract. A couple of those can be traced to some crappy commercial re-loads that he snuck in without my realizing it. Even with the factory ammo, he had problems. I had zero problems with it before or after him. Is there anything that would cause that?  I initially thought magazine, but those worked for me too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont think you'll have many problems due to the fact it's a gas opperated  system on most semi auto rifles.... you might experience problems with pistol caliber uppers considering it blow back.......The gas operated system does every thing buy its self....your buddy sound like he needs to use better ammo and perhaps clean his gun....
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yea ive also shot my ar from lots of positions , ive even held it buy the pistol grip alone "like a hand gun" and it shot just fine...
like i said i don think it matters due to the gas operated system..
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing to check on your friend's rifle, especially if it is a Bushmaster made in early 2002:  Bushmaster had a problem with the device they used to stake the gas key on top of the bolt carrier.  Mine worked itself loose by late 2002 and I was having the same failures.  Check it.  If that IS the problem, do NOT fire the weapon until you replace the screws attaching the key to the carrier and perhaps the key itself.  Tourque it down, restake it, and locktite the $#!t out of it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top