Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 6:41:18 PM EDT
Dangit, something else loosened on my Bushmaster.  First the carrier key screws and now this.  Took it out of the case today and the stock could be turned.  No idea why, the darn thing hardly leaves its softcase.  

Anyway, I got it tightened up a bit but want to make sure its good and tight.  Any recommendations for someone without a spanner wrench???

Also, is this a fairly common occurance or am I just cursed???  Gun's about two years old and has had maybe 2000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know how common this problem is, but without sounding cocky the best thing to do is to get a spanner wrench(they're cheap).

Without a spanner wrench, try a hammer and a punch.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You could use a strap wrench. Or you could go to CDNN and buy a CAR wrench. They are on sale for $1.99.

[url=http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/arbutwrennew.html]CDNN AR buttstock wrench[/url]

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
instead of buying a strap wrench, you can use an old fan belt availible at any auto parts stores. Or, Take a punch and put it in the detent slot on your lock nut,  then take a hammer and drive it tight.  As far as the stock comming completely off, just tighten up the nut holding the lever in place and applying some locktite.  I also bought a really cheap collapseable and had simaler problems.  Good Luck; I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Put some lock tite on the buffer tube threads and you can use the edge of a flat tip screw driver,be carefull of the threads and tap lightly till the nut gets tight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Use a giant set of plyers and wrap the teeth with alot of tape.  I just had to do it to both of mine and it worked great.  I even had loctite on the threads but it worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#6]
When I installed my stock,using a cheap CAR  ranch, the little tooth  that fit in the ring grove bent easily. So I used a small punch to finish  the job, also used loc tite, it has held up great.

[IMG]http://www.metrophotohost.com/gallery_0010/gallery_albums/TGs-LBV-~-MBR-~-Etc/ForendgriponAR.jpg[/IMG]

TG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top