Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 11:06:46 AM EDT
Thinking about getting one of the new MOUT from CQB solutions and a GG&G plate.  Does the sling or the plate ever get in the way of a nose to CH weld?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the Z-M single point bungi sling sold by Safety Systems Corp.  Great sling, nothing in the way.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem either w/ GG&G and HSTS.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
No problems with check weld, but depending on which model you of attachment plate you get your knuckles are going to hate it whenever you pull the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No problems with check weld, but depending on which model you of attachment plate you get your knuckles are going to hate it whenever you pull the charging handle.
View Quote

We still think the original Burnsed Loop is the best of the adapter plates, as it positions the sling loop as low as you can without interfering with access to the safety.  Also, we radius the edges inside and out to help leave your meat on your knuckles instead of our part.  I believe we are the only company doing that.

Ashley Burnsed
Daniel Defense
[url]danieldefense.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Burnsed loop that I bought it from you guys about 2 years ago.  That's the mount I've got the most experience with and unless I'm careful about it I bang a knuckle on the top when pulling the charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried the DD loop and did not like it - second knuckle of my thumb ground on it when disengaging the safety.  It does offer more clearance on top though.  Went back to the GG&G and PRI latch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Im using the GG&G plate and the Giles single point from the Wilderness.  IMHO, its the only one made of durable enough material to not wear heavily at the attachment point.

Never had any problem going nose to the CH, but then again most of my shooting is CQB, with the gun centered.

Never had any problems removing skin from my knuckles once I went to the PRI latch like bsbg said.  I tried the Knights single point mount with the QD swivel.  Dug into the top of my thumb without mercy at all times.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top