Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 9:29:44 AM EDT
I am looking for anybody who has had any personal experience with the plastic CAV-15 receivers from Arizona Expert Arms, good or bad.
I would specifically like to know of any problems with specific mags,uppers or hardware.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say go for it. I intend to one of these days. They have a good reputation and a strong prescence on this board. They also have their own forum in the industry section.
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=61]Cav Arms Forum[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have made a 22lr carbine for my daughter using the yellow receiver and  yellow M4 style handguards, we both like it, the squirrels on our property dont. I have not used my 5.56 bushy upper on it just yet, but so far, so good.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've dealt personally with the guys at Cav Arms and have used there Cav-15 lowers. they are a great peice of hardware. Had a problem with my lower at a 3 gun match that the Reps from Cav were at. They let me borrow a Lower from them to shoot for the rest of the day until I could repair my lower. For the money of the full lower it's really worth it. My next project gun is going to be built on a Cav Lower.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]
Quoted:
I've dealt personally with the guys at Cav Arms and have used there Cav-15 lowers. they are a great peice of hardware. Had a problem with my lower at a 3 gun match that the Reps from Cav were at. They let me borrow a Lower from them to shoot for the rest of the day until I could repair my lower. For the money of the full lower it's really worth it. My next project gun is going to be built on a Cav Lower.
View Quote
[/b]

So, the lower you mentioned that took a sh*t on you, was that a Cav Arms lower or a different make? If it was a Cav Arms, what happened to it?

I've been wondering about these Cav Arms lowers myself. Any of y'all that have experience with these, how is the fit between the upper and lower? Any experienced malfunctions, or other dislikes? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top