Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 6:03:15 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting gloves for better grip, I saw cool looking neoprene gloves that are thin and to keep the sweat away. Your thoughts and suggestion?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.hatch-corp.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Mechanix M-Pact Stealth.  Very sweet...  I have tried the regular ones that are brightly colored but these take the cake.  Washable, dryable, breathable, high dexterity, padded on the back, and LIFETIME WARRANTY.  My old Hatch leathers got torn up in a year.  They were still usable but looked rugged.  When I sweat the balck leather would color my sweaty hands.

[img]http://www.mechanix.com/images/products/big/mpact_55.jpg[/img]

NEW! Re-designed finger tip pattern reduces seams and enhances finger tip sensitivity.
NEW! Lycra panels between fingers add comfort and mobility.
NEW! Embossed Airprene knuckle panel for greater mobility, comfort and protection.
NEW! TPR (Thermal Plastic Rubber) top provides pliable layer of flexible protection.
NEW! Synthetic leather palm features EVA foam padding, overlaid with new anatomically shaped synthetic leather top layer.
NEW! Narrower elastic cuff for added comfort.
NEW! Ultra-thin TPR pull-tab with hook and loop closure provides comfort and adjustability.
Reinforced finger bands resist impact in high exposure areas.
Secondary foam padding covers inner index finger and thumb for added protection in high-wear impact areas.
Padded two-way ribbed Spandex top and fingertips stretch for greater mobility.
Concealed interior seam stitching prevents snagging.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Nomex flight gloves.  $30 a pair and they wear out fairly quick if you use them hard (hard field use).  I'm probably gonna be getting my 3rd pair within the next few months.  Expensive, but I've found nothing that is even close to them for feel and grip.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Hatch Operators, nice and thin, heat resistant, kevlar, tough.  Also, you can cut the index finger to half finger if you want.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I use hatch, you probally won't get a better grip unless you normally sweat alot.
what gloves will do for you is give you consistancy, spend the money and get gloves that are designed for shooting, typically the trigger finger will not have any neoprene on it so you can still "feel" the trigger. flight gloves are also excellent and cheaper if you can find them at a surplus store but do wear a bit faster, blackhawk gloves wore out in a week on me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Nomex Flight Gloves. Keep a few pairs handy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm also gonna say flight gloves. I've been using them for years, and there's nothing better. They keep yoyr hands warmish during really cold sessions, and aren't too hot during the summer months. I've don a ton of tactical schools while wearing them and I've never regreted it, or wished that I had anything else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Nomex flight gloves for me, As said above they will wear out if you use them alot for field use but thats what work gloves are for.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
   I use golf gloves. Walley world. Cheap and works for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the Hatch kevlar shooting glove. They're like nomex flight gloves except cut off at the wrist and with a kevlar fabric back instead of nomex.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top