Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 11:04:31 AM EDT
 The local guns store has colt, rock river arms, and bushmaster, and im going to purchase me a .233 the RRA has caught my eye and i dont what kind of quality the RRA is compaired to the bushmaster or colt. is the RRA a good rifle and does anyone who has one ever regret the day they brought it home. your help in this matter would be great for i am going to purchase a .223 in the next few days.... thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the price, if all are pretty close i would go with the Colt.  If it was between BM and RRA i would have to go with the BM.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#2]
buy an armalite
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Try to get one of the above in 5.56 chamber. Out of all of them you can't go wrong but I would probably buy the colt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I am suprised by the lack of pro-Bushmaster responses.

I vote Bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt, BM, and RRA are all 5.56 chamberings (and yes you can shoot .223) out of them.  Now some varmint models are .223 SAAMI, so check before you load up.  That said, I absolutly love my RRA.  Look at adcofirearms.com for the best prices and shipping I could find (and I looked hard).  Complete upper $423 and complete lower $210 (order seperatly or Steve will have to charge you fed excise tax), add a FFL transfer fee and your done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no experience with Colt, as I do not like the non standard parts.  In my experience RRA and Bushmaster are very good, with the Bushmaster being a bit nicer.  But, provided both have chrome lined barrels, the difference is pretty small and I would not pay more than $50 more for the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#7]
what model are you looking for? 20" barrel or 16" barrel or an M4gery? Without knowing this we cant really help you.

Colt is a good gun but uses non-standard parts and might cost more than it should.

Bushmaster is mil-spec and is very highly regarded in the AR world.

RRA is a step down from Bushmaster but from the feedback from those who have them seem to be great guns. "The best bang for the buck"
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
One more vote for Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
contact Pete at Legal Transfers and have him get you a RRA lower with the NM triger ,and a custom upper you wont be sorry .HE is THE MAN .
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
You can't go wrong with any of the brands. I thought the colt from just a resale part of view.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a Colt M4orgery, I like it..
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
 "dang" this is great, i have posted on other forums and have never had this much feedback, you guys are great. yes the RRA is what i am considering do to the price, given that i dont have all that cabbage to throw around, I just want a good .223 that want jam up on me and that is consistant. "thanks"
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think the RRA is a step down. I have found the fit and finish to be top knotch.  I have no complaints and highly recommend RRA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I wanted a top notched AR, always was told to stick with the ABC, Armalite,Bushmaster and Colt, some folks go by ABC and R.
That being said, I went with Bushmaster for the obvious reasons, "its the Best", I didnt mind spending a few extra bucks, I like military specs rifles and handguns.
You cant go wrong with ABC and R AR-15 rifles.
Good luck, we look forward to hearing about your first range vesit.

TG
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I vote you buy what suites your fancy. I have at least one of each, and none have failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger, with the exception of an AR10-A4, but Armalite fixed that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Bushmaster then RRA... Colt is too hyped for it's own good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bushmaster then RRA... Colt is too hyped for it's own good.
View Quote

very nicely and shortly put...I like
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
YOU MUST SHOOT AN AR WITH THE NM TRIGER BEFORE YOU BUY OR YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF .
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#20]
RRA, lifetime warranty, high quality, and i love mine.  I wouldnt change a thing about my decision
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
RRA SS barrel with NM trigger for varminting/competition

Bushmaster chrome lined barrel for a fun blaster

Colt pre-ban for collecting, or when money is no object.

Armalite for changing barrels to get rid of that compensator. Those things kill babies! Think of the children! Oh my gosh!

Pete

In case you haven't been looking, the latest nomination for additional "evil feature" is the compensator. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I have owned (complete rifles) Bush Master, Colt, and Oly. Having said that, I would rule out the Oly because of tight chamber/non chrome Bbls. I would rule out the Colt if it had the big pivot screw lower instead of a mil spec push pin lower like all other ARs. I like the idea of interchangeable uppers. Like others said, I hate the large pin fire control parts on the consumer Colt. I bought some RRA lowers, and uppers last month. They were priced cheap, to my surprise, the quality (fit and finish) was just as good as my Bush Master. Reading topics here on RRA products have revealed the same findings. Everybody praises their NM trigger. If I was buying a new upper, the Barrel would have to be chrome lined and fluted. You can shave some weight off the front end. It seems back in the mid eighties after the A2 was adopted, everybody was pushing the heavy barrel because they would not bend and less barrel whip-it was better than the pencil barrel. Now the military has cut some weight off with the M4 design. I like the idea of the fluted bbl-lighter, more surface area for cooling, and a more rigid bbl to boot. Just some ideas to think about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#23]
If you are looking for an M4gery I chose Colt. They are all good!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top