Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 10:54:59 AM EDT
Which do you prefer and why?
Which is better/tougher?
Got pics of them installed?

Thanks in advance

Edited to add: If you hold the gun by the muzzle, would you be able to see underneath the handguards (the empty area between the barrel and hanguard) with either one of these? (like you do with some varminter free floaters?)
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same question and than went with the c-more quad rail, in part because i got it cheaper than what they wanted for it at bushmaster and because it was less expencive than the bushmaster one. I ordered my quad rail from fulton armory I paid like $138.00 after shipping and all that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
well if you have a post ban with a muzzlebreak, stay away from one piece rails.  I just bought a mid lenth c-more for my ar and i didnt realize that the muzzlebreak wouldnt screw off.  To get the c more on you have to take off sight and other fun stuff.  If you have the muzzlebreak on its welded and wont come off....keep this in mind.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
well if you have a post ban with a muzzlebreak, stay away from one piece rails.  I just bought a mid lenth c-more for my ar and i didnt realize that the muzzlebreak wouldnt screw off.  To get the c more on you have to take off sight and other fun stuff.  If you have the muzzlebreak on its welded and wont come off....keep this in mind.....
View Quote

AFAIK any rail system going on a post ban gun that has a comp on it to get the legal minimum 16 inches will have to have that done to it. I think one of the A.R.M.S SIR's does not require that but i don't know 100%. But yes the break would have to come off to get the front sight off and the rail on. If you send it to someone that knows what they are doing than there should not be a problem.
The guys that did mine did not realise that the MB was permenetly attached and screwed up my original barrel, but they made it right by replacing it and with a match barrel at that. I bet if you sent that puppy to KKF that it would be done right, it seems like everytime I want to get something done dealing with my barrel, like getting a different brake put on or a railed gas block everyone says send it to KKF. Though i decided to wait and see what happens with the re-upping of the ban. If it goes bye bye for good than it's going to KKF for a new gas block and a FS. If it doesn't go bye-bye than it goes to KKF to have the y comp taken off and the KKFA3 break(that i already bought) put on it.
I guess in the end if ya want a one peice rail than yer gunna have to go through having the break taken off(if ya have a 14.5in barrel) and the rail put on and a new break installed. But if ya have a 16inch barrel without a break or a barrel thats over 16 and you don't have a break it won't be all that bad. Beacuse ya don't have to worry about it being taken off.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not concerned about installation...I send the whole upper to bushmaster the other day to replace the barrel, all i'd have to do is make a order while it's still there. I called them this morning and told them to go ahead with the bushmaster 4-rail due to price, and better aesthetics IMHO...good decision? I still have time to change my mind. Please let me know what you thin A.S.A.P.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet you will be just fine with the BM rail system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the C-more's are lighter if weight is a concern.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#7]
  I've got the C-More mounted on my Colt 20" and I love it.  It looks great and I can use the Knight's Rail covers with it and they snap in place like they should.
  I bought mine from Fulton ARmory and the price was really good.
JD

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to look like I ran thru the hall of daggers after I post this so you guys with the 4rail aluminum handguards SIR systems take your best shot. I looked at the C-More and the RAS the KAS the SIR system which I am still considering but to me weight is a concern so I (here comes the first swing) I decided on the M44 by First Samco and am glad I did .Made more sense was lighter less expensive and did the same thing ,and I feel the top rail would secure my Eotech securely but dont use it for that and I dont have a rangefinder so top rail useless .I put my M3 on the lower rail in front of the grip -so two side rails are useless .But what is even better I can change them myself so when I do plunge for the #50c slimline SIR I can install it without having to send it to KKF or part with it at all.  I got mine for the veritcal foregrip ability and do not need the other rails at all so besides the 'cool factor'the unused rails are useless but am sure glad I have them cause you never know waht you'll run across or over . Be easy guys remember were all in the same platoon .  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Hammer, I did the same thing.

The nice thing about the BMAS and the Cmore is that they freefloat the barrel. But both of them are just so heavy. I couldn't justify the wieght penalty trying to make the rifle as light as possible.

So if I had to decide, I'd go for the lightest one.

But even the lightest one is going to be more than twice the wieght of the stock handguard.

Regular hanguards and everything required to attach them is 6.7 oz carbine.

I believe the Cmore is something like 16 oz and that's not including panels.

Something to consider if you haven't already.

You can have your thread back now.[:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top