Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
Can i ask if anybody got/and uses the cherokee cheek piece. I have a collapsible stock and a handle mounted 4x20 scope. I have only had the gun a few days, but I am still trying to find a place to "anchor" my cheek.

Love this website. Want a tee shirt :-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
There exists cheek pieces for the collapsible stock. Search on ebay.com and you'll find used one for a cheap price. As for me, I have a full stock AR and I'm using the Delta Cheek piece from Cherokee. It's great for handle mounted scopes but it's kind of awkward with the charging handle since a part of it goes under the cheekpiece when the rifle gets cocked, but I can live with that
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Just FYI, the newer Cherokee cheek piece for the telestock has a removable plug to make the hollow area a storage compartment.  I think I got mine from Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just FYI, the newer Cherokee cheek piece for the telestock has a removable plug to make the hollow area a storage compartment.  I think I got mine from Bushmaster...
View Quote

Mike is correct......just make sure you get the right cheekpiece for your stock. There a couple that fit one style, and one that fits another....They can all be found at Bushmaster's site. The Cherokee is for a full sized stock, originally for the Colt AR15 A2. Expect mixed results with a full sized scope on a carry handle mount......Just shot mine today....oh boy!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You can always buy something like this, offered by TDI Arms.

[img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/img]

ls

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18991tdix6-b-med.jpg[/url]

ls

View Quote

and a bread butterer for the toaster, and a driver for the screwdriver, and a three piece thumb protecter/inspector for the hammer.........gadgets R us vs. the real world.
Hint: people with computers sometimes allready love gadgets to the exclusion of all else. Lordstoner....I apologise if that was a joke. Otherwise.......hahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all that posted replies, the advice is much appreciated. I hadn't thought that the cheek piece may interfer with the charging handle, so I will have to have a think about that :-)
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the advice. I was particularly interested in your comment re: mixed results with a full size scope?
The  gunsmith that sold me the gun reckons I will do away with the handle (it's detachable)and fix a scope to the flat top, if I want to get the best from the gun. I have only had the gun for 2or3 days and love the instant choice of scope or iron sights. Perhaps the novelty will wear off :-)
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ls

View Quote

and a bread butterer for the toaster, and a driver for the screwdriver, and a three piece thumb protecter/inspector for the hammer.........gadgets R us vs. the real world.
Hint: people with computers sometimes allready love gadgets to the exclusion of all else. Lordstoner....I apologise if that was a joke. Otherwise.......hahahahahahaha
View Quote

I did mean it as a Joke, kind of. Some people may like that stuff. There must have been a reason why TDI made it in the first place.

BButter-

Stick with the flattop idea. You be better in the long run.

ls
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The  gunsmith that sold me the gun reckons I will do away with the handle (it's detachable)and fix a scope to the flat top, if I want to get the best from the gun. I have only had the gun for 2or3 days and love the instant choice of scope or iron sights. Perhaps the novelty will wear off :-)
View Quote

Then get a Back Up Iron Sight (BUIS). The reason for the flat top is the ability to plant a scope in the right position. Do Not mount a scope to the removable carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

[shock]  Holy shnikey!  And I thought I was bad with the accessories.  Not to rip off the thread, but what's that little hook on the underside (forward part) of that funky stock?  I think I may see a hole in the tip of that hook for perhaps a sling swivel?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Cherokee & Co. made the orig. cheek pieces for the Colt Delta rifle back in the 80's. They have made quite a few for the military over the years, so it is good stuff and have been doing it for many years.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top