Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 7:14:02 PM EDT
Well, at least a pre-ban lower. I picked up a pre-ban Oly/SGW lower from D-M (aka Darrell) off of the EE. It arrived right on time just as described. It even came with a brand new RRA 6 pos. collapsible stock. Next on the list is a Bushmaster M-4 14.5" 1/7 upper, permanently attached Phantom FH, fixed front with bayonet lug!!! I knew as soon as I bought a second optic that would lead to a second rifle. After the M-4 upper I'm going to go for a 20" A3 upper. I'll end up with an M-4 upper with my EO Tech 552 and a 20" A3 upper with my TA-31. Dang, this stuff is addicting. I guess I'm just another case of BRF (Black Rifle Fever)!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!!

Remember the pics once you got an AR built up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank tivoli410. I will get some pics up ASAP. My girl's gone for the weekend and she's got our digital camera with her.

I'm just psyched to finally have a collapsible stock. I've got an HK-94 w/a collapsible stock so I've become accustomed to them. Being able to shorten the LOP so you can get into a proper CQB hold is important to me but I also want to be able to have a longer LOP for prone shooting. Plus, when colder temps arrive, I'll be wearing a heavy coat so I want to account for that too.

I hope the AWB will sunset and no new ban will take its place. But, at this point, I'd rather not take the chance. Life's too short to not have a pre-ban [:)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Matt, my TA31 is going on a 20" A3 Govt upper as soon as I sell something to get the $.

Damn ACOG tapped me out for now...

Congrats on the pre-ban [beer]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Matt, my TA31 is going on a 20" A3 Govt upper as soon as I sell something to get the $.

Damn ACOG tapped me out for now...

Congrats on the pre-ban [beer]
View Quote

Well, I got the idea of putting the TA-31 on a 20" upper from you [:)] The combination of the two makes sense to me. My 20" upper is a ways down the road. I still have to get a KAC FF RAS so I can send it to Bushmaster for installation. BTW, I called them last week and verified they would do it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top